Indexes extend gains heading into early close
November 24, 2012 5:07 AM EST
Stocks extended gains on Friday, with all three key indexes climbing 1 percent, as technology shares led the way in thin trading ahead of an early, post-Thanksgiving close for equity markets.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> gained 133.01 points, or 1.04 percent, to 12,969.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> rose 14.52 points, or 1.04 percent, to 1,405.55. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> climbed 36.11 points, or 1.23 percent, to 2,962.67.
(Reporting by Leah Schnurr; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight