Indexes extend gains heading into early close
November 24, 2012 5:07 AM EST
Stocks extended gains on Friday, with all three key indexes climbing 1 percent, as technology shares led the way in thin trading ahead of an early, post-Thanksgiving close for equity markets.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> gained 133.01 points, or 1.04 percent, to 12,969.90. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> rose 14.52 points, or 1.04 percent, to 1,405.55. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> climbed 36.11 points, or 1.23 percent, to 2,962.67.
(Reporting by Leah Schnurr; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan