Lindsay Lohan: My Lesbian Romance with Sam Ronson was Toxic
By Toyin Owoseje | November 24, 2012 12:48 AM EST
Lindsay Lohan has revealed that her same-sex relationship with Sam Ronson was troubled and toxic.
The beleaguered actress, who split with the DJ sister of producer Mark Ronson three years ago, made the candid confession in a recent interview.
She claimed that although the pair were deeply in love, she always knew that they were not right for each other.
"I need to love myself first before I could be with anyone else, and I was going through a lot," she told Us Weekly.
"Two toxic people cannot be together. End of story. We're friends now. That's how it started so I think that's how it was meant to be."
The 26-year-old Mean Girls star, who is now friends with her ex, went on to admit that the fact that Ronson was her first gay relationship caused a lot of problems.
"I was bold enough to say, 'Yeah I like a girl. And?' That put her in a situation where she was being attacked every day," she said.
"That's not fair. And what am I left with? Heartbreak. That was three years ago. It was my last serious relationship."
Lohan, who is currently facing more jail time, also blamed her constant run-ins with the law on her "loneliness" and the involvement of "sycophants".
In addition to being already under probation for her previous jewellery theft charges, she is also in trouble after lying to police when her Porsche was involved in a car accident with a truck in June.
"Kids go through ups and downs, try drugs, cigarettes and drinking. It's human nature."
"It took a while but it's like "What was I thinking? Why did I allow so many sycophants and bad influences to be around me?"
She continued, "I was lonely and didn't realise it. That's why I came back home to New York. I never feel lonely there. I see my family and have really good people in my life."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members