Rihanna's Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Costume Created Two Hours Before Show Time
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 23, 2012 11:55 PM EST
Rihanna was pretty in a pink see-through ensemble as she performed at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show on Nov. 7; Vogue.co.uk costume designer Adam Selman recently revealed that the outfit was created just two hours before the show started.
“I'd been working on something for a while, but it didn't look right when she tried it on two-and-a-half hours before the show,” Selman said.
“So I ran, literally ran, back to my office from the venue. I had my assistants on the phone telling them to run out and buy fabric -- it was a bit of a challenge, but we did it.”
“I got to her minutes before everything kicked off, she whipped it on and threw a jumper round her waist and stepped out. She has the confidence to do that -- she killed it.”
Rihanna ironically performed the song “Fresh Off the Runway,” from her latest album, “Unapologetic,” while wearing the costume. It was her debut performance of the song.
"The atmosphere was amazing -- everyone was so excited that she was there," Selman said. "She just looked incredible."
She paired the outfit with pink ankle boots and a floral jeweled necklace, according to the Daily Mail.
Later she performed her latest single, “Diamonds,” while wearing a black corset gown with a thigh-high slit that showed off suspenders attached to her tights, a look also designed by Selman.
She accented the costume with arm-length lace gloves, boots, a pearl choker and pearl-rimmed sunglasses.
No stranger to bold fashion choices, Rihanna’s stylist for her recent 777 tour described her style as “fearless.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft