AMD Unveils Next Generation A-Series APUs In India
By Rohit KVN | November 23, 2012 10:48 PM EST
The new A-series of APUs will be available in India in the price range of ₹3000 to ₹8000.
These new processor units are targeted toward PC gamers who desire faster and superior graphics at affordable prices.
Industry experts claim that the Indian gaming industry made ₹13 billion in revenues in the last fiscal year, reported NDTV.
The PC market growth is attributed to rapid broadband distribution, which in turn enables more PC gamers to access high quality gaming content.
The survey of IAMAI (Internet and Mobile Association of India) claims that 41 percent of total Internet users are documented to be gamers.
However, the advent of cheaper tablets and smartphones is having a negative effect on PC sales all around the world. According to many market research companies, global PC sales have drastically declined at an average of 8.5 percent compared to last year. It is predicted to slide even further.
"While many say PCs are dying, we believe we are at the dawn of a new era in computing. The new generations of APUs provide a combination of processing speed, multiple compute cores and discrete-level graphic capabilities, making it an excellent platform for gamers and PC enthusiasts alike," said AMD India Managing Director Ravi Swaminathan.
He said that the new APUs are designed to accelerate one or more types of computations which makes AMD's specialised graphics-processing system to outperform other processors in this category.
He also added that the new generation of AMD APUs, with rich graphics and faster processing speeds, are aimed to attract entry level and mainstream gamers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes