'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Box Office Collection: Shahrukh Khan-Starrer Collects Rs 150 Crore Worldwide in 10 Days
By Ankita Mehta | November 23, 2012 10:41 PM EST
Romantic film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" directed by late filmmaker Yash Chopra has topped the box office collection chart in its first week in India.
The movie starring Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles is going extremely well at both domestic and overseas box offices.
In the 10-day-extended opening week "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" collected Rs 150.41 crore from India as well as overseas market. While at domestic box office it raked in Rs 98.41 crore, at international market it collected Rs 52 crore ($ 9.5 million), according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
"JTHJ" has performed well at multiplexes, but its business was affected at single screens because of Ajay Devgn's "Son of Sardaar."
"JTHJ has performed exceedingly well at multiplexes of urban centres. However, the business at single screens was below the mark, also because SON OF SARDAAR was the first choice at mass centres/single screens," Adarsh said.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra's last directorial film. The movie was expected to break the records of Yash Raj Productions "Ek Tha Tiger," but it failed.
"JTHJ" was released during the six-day Diwali weekend in more than 2,500 screens as compared to Salman Khan's "Ek Tha Tiger" which was released in 3300 screens across the country. "JTHJ" was supposed to be screened in more screens, but because of "Son of Sardar" the producers of the film could not get more screens.
Ajay's home production was also released on the same day on November 13 which hit more than 2000 screens. Both the movies are going strong at ticket window, but the Shahrukh-starrer is dominating both the markets.
"Son of Sardaar" in its first week (10 days) has raked in Rs 83.25 crore in India. The action comedy film is attracting movie buffs mostly at single screens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2