Betting Suspended On Redknapp’s Next Club As Hughes Sacked
By Vanessa Keller | November 23, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Betting has been suspended by SkyBet on which club Harry Redknapp will manage next, with former Tottenham manager strongly believed to be in talks for a move to QPR.
Mark Hughes was sacked as manager of the London club today, as they sit in last position on the table and continue to go without a win this season.
Ukraine are also hoping to land Redknapp, who took Tottenham to a top four finish twice in his time at the club and qualified for the Champions League for the first time in the club's history, as he weighs up his options.
Redknapp talked up the prospect of managing the Ukraine national side, telling the Daily Mail: "It's a fantastic job. I found out about it a couple of weeks ago when they got in touch with my advisors. I am serious about it.
"They are an up and coming football country with some very good young players, some great teams like Shakhtar and some great stadiums.
"I will talk to them and see if we can sort something out. I'm definitely interested, without a doubt."
Redknapp left Tottenham at the start of the summer, with Daniel Levy taking on recently-sacked Chelsea manager Andre Villas Boas as his replacement.
Since then, the 65 year old has kept a low profile, helping the Portsmouth coaching staff on occasion.
The QPR job is now officially open, and even though owner Tony Fernandes says he will keep Mark Hughes on board, the results have been disappointing week after week, and Fernandes had no choice but to weild the axe today.
The Rangers' loss to Southampton looks to have been the tipping point for Hughes, and after he was shown the exit door, Redknapp would be more than an apt replacement for the side that are currently in the relegation zone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery