Betting Suspended On Redknapp’s Next Club As Hughes Sacked
By Vanessa Keller | November 23, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Betting has been suspended by SkyBet on which club Harry Redknapp will manage next, with former Tottenham manager strongly believed to be in talks for a move to QPR.
Mark Hughes was sacked as manager of the London club today, as they sit in last position on the table and continue to go without a win this season.
Ukraine are also hoping to land Redknapp, who took Tottenham to a top four finish twice in his time at the club and qualified for the Champions League for the first time in the club's history, as he weighs up his options.
Redknapp talked up the prospect of managing the Ukraine national side, telling the Daily Mail: "It's a fantastic job. I found out about it a couple of weeks ago when they got in touch with my advisors. I am serious about it.
"They are an up and coming football country with some very good young players, some great teams like Shakhtar and some great stadiums.
"I will talk to them and see if we can sort something out. I'm definitely interested, without a doubt."
Redknapp left Tottenham at the start of the summer, with Daniel Levy taking on recently-sacked Chelsea manager Andre Villas Boas as his replacement.
Since then, the 65 year old has kept a low profile, helping the Portsmouth coaching staff on occasion.
The QPR job is now officially open, and even though owner Tony Fernandes says he will keep Mark Hughes on board, the results have been disappointing week after week, and Fernandes had no choice but to weild the axe today.
The Rangers' loss to Southampton looks to have been the tipping point for Hughes, and after he was shown the exit door, Redknapp would be more than an apt replacement for the side that are currently in the relegation zone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage