Evo 3D Gets Paranoid ROM based on Android
4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
The newest version of the Paranoid Android ROM - the only one to feature Hybrid mode-v2.99.2 for the HTC Evo 3D - has been released. HTC's smartphone presently runs Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) software and this ROM brings the Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) update, along with customised features. For information on new features, click here.
Meanwhile, HTC Evo 3D users looking to update to Android 4.1.2 custom firmware can follow the guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. This latest build of Paranoid Android works only with HTC Evo 3D.
- Install USB drivers and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data
- Ensure battery carries at least 80 percent charge
- Ensure device is rooted and 4EXT Recovery is installed [visit 4ext.net for details]
To Install Android 4.1.2 Paranoid Android Custom ROM on HTC Evo 3D
- Download Android 4.1.2 Paranoid Android ROM
- Download Google apps package
- Connect phone to computer with USB cable and copy downloaded files to SD card on phone, without extracting any files
- Launch the 4EXT Recovery app
- Perform a Nandroid backup of the present ROM by selecting Backup and Restore and then the Backup option. Return to main Recovery menu after this is completed
- Now perform the Wipe All task, through the Wipe Format menu (this may take a few minutes)
- Now use Volume button to scroll down to Install Zip from SD Card and select using Power button. Now, select Choose Zip from SD Card and locate downloaded ROM. Select using Power and confirm installation
- After ROM is installed, repeat above step to select and install Google apps package
- After installation is completed, browse to main Recovery menu and select Reboot System Now (this may take a few minutes the first time)
Note: To restore previous ROMs, boot into Recovery, select Backup and Restore and then Restore again. Select ROM from list and install.
The Paranoid Android ROM, based on Android 4.1.2, is now installed on the HTC Evo 3D. This can be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To contact the editor, e-mail: