Germany keeps up meagre growth in third quarter on exports and consumption
November 23, 2012 7:00 PM EST
Exports and private consumption helped Germany to keep growing in the third quarter of the year, albeit at a slower rate than previously, as Europe's largest economy feels the pinch of the euro zone crisis.
The Federal Statistics Office on Friday confirmed that German gross domestic product growth slowed to 0.2 percent in the three months to end-October, after expanding by 0.3 percent in the second, as companies postpone investments due to the uncertainty of the crisis.
The seasonally-adjusted data showed gross capital investment made no contribution to growth in the third quarter.
Exports supported growth in the third quarter, rising 1.4 percent, while government spending gained 0.4 percent and private consumption was up 0.3 percent up.
(Reporting by Berlin bureau)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues