Germany plans to buy EADS shares from France - paper
November 23, 2012 7:00 PM EST
Germany plans to buy a 3 percent stake in planemaker EADS
That means Germany will acquire fewer EADS shares from Daimler
Earlier this week, several sources told Reuters that France and Germany were discussing a shake-up of the corporate structure of EADS under which each country would hold around 12 percent.
Control of EADS, founded in 2000, is shared between Daimler, which has 22.5 percent of voting rights, and a French consortium that combines the government's 15 percent with 7.5 percent held by French media group Lagardere
Daimler and Lagardere have both said they want to sell or reduce their stakes. Germany wants to achieve parity with France by buying shares controlled by Daimler.
Some 7.5 percent of shares will come from the Dedalus consortium of banks and German states. If Germany buys a 3 percent stake directly from France, it will need only another 1.5 percent of shares from Daimler to reach a 12 percent stake.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Dan Lalor)
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia