Germany plans to buy EADS shares from France - paper
November 23, 2012 7:00 PM EST
Germany plans to buy a 3 percent stake in planemaker EADS
That means Germany will acquire fewer EADS shares from Daimler
Earlier this week, several sources told Reuters that France and Germany were discussing a shake-up of the corporate structure of EADS under which each country would hold around 12 percent.
Control of EADS, founded in 2000, is shared between Daimler, which has 22.5 percent of voting rights, and a French consortium that combines the government's 15 percent with 7.5 percent held by French media group Lagardere
Daimler and Lagardere have both said they want to sell or reduce their stakes. Germany wants to achieve parity with France by buying shares controlled by Daimler.
Some 7.5 percent of shares will come from the Dedalus consortium of banks and German states. If Germany buys a 3 percent stake directly from France, it will need only another 1.5 percent of shares from Daimler to reach a 12 percent stake.
(Reporting by Maria Sheahan; Editing by Dan Lalor)
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tourre on stand says email in SEC case 'not accurate'
- Syrian authorities blocking access to needy in Homs - Red Cross
- Faith in European Union at low ebb, EU poll says
- Former UBS banker gets 18 months, $1 million fine, for muni bid-rigging scheme
- U.S. judge halts challenges to Detroit's bankruptcy bid
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best