Nexus 10 Gets Easy One Click Root with Superboot [How to Install]
By Vinod Yalburgi | November 23, 2012 6:25 PM EST
The Superboot Tool has been released for the Samsung Nexus 10. The software allows one-click root access and the tablet can now be rooted to stock ROMs. The Tool was developed by XDA member paulobrien.
The rooting programme boots temporarily into a custom kernel, automatically roots the device on first boot and then restores the original kernel, to provide a pure stock-rooted ROM. However, users should note the bootloader on the device needs to be unlocked before rooting.
The Superboot rooting tool and instructions in this guide are applicable for the Samsung Nexus 10 tablet only. IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during this process.
To Enable One-Click Root on Nexus 10 with Superboot
- Rooting procedure requires bootloader unlocking and this will erase all data stored in the device. It is therefore recommended a complete back-up of installed apps and personal data, like contacts, messages and bookmarks, is first conducted
- Copy contents of SD card to computer (including apps and backed-up data)
- To unlock tablet's bootloader, reset device to factory settings
- Download and install Android SDK from here. This will install the necessary drivers for the tablet on the computer. Skip this step if SDK is already installed
- Download Superboot from the source page.
- Extract the zip file (Android SDK) to a folder in the computer
- Switch Nexus 10 off and boot in Fastboot by holding Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons until screen turns on and displays Start in large green letters
- Connect device to computer with original USB cable and wait for Windows to finish installing drivers (drivers will be installed on first boot only). It is advisable to use a rear USB port if using a desktop, as front panel ports might have loose contacts and cause connectivity problems)
- Navigate to folder where Superboot files are copied and double-click on superboot-windows file to begin rooting
The Samsung Nexus 10 is now successfully rooted and root-based apps, such as file explorers, ad blockers, overclocking apps and more, can now be installed and used.
[Source: The Android Soul]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance