One Direction's 'Take Me Home' Hits Home Run at Number One
By Diadem Pambid | November 23, 2012 6:09 PM EST
Simon Cowell must be one proud Uncle with the latest news of his very own British boy band, One Direction, making it to the top. Once AGAIN, the boys of One Direction has made history in the music scene. One Direction's first album was a success and it became platinum after it was released in March and news has it that their second album, "Take Me Home" has managed to do as equally well.
Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson have surely gone pretty crazy with all their efforts, and are surely incredibly happy with the news that all the hardwork has finally paid off. The boys' second album "Take Me Home" debuted at the No.1 spot on the Billboard Top 200. One Direction has managed to sell a whopping 540, 000 copies.
"Take Me Home" landed the third biggest sales week of 2012. The album might have fallen behind Taylor Swift's "Red", which sold 1.2 million units its first week, and Mumford and Sons' "Babel," which sold more than 600,000 albums in September. Thankfully, it's only a teensy amount of comparison and the boys have their fans, the "Directioners" to thank for their success.
However, the album "Take Me Home" did not only top in the US but "Directioners" will be glad to know that the album aslo topped the charts in 30 countries according to their label, Columbia records.
Of course, with the album's success, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik are especially thankful to their fans and loved ones for their undying support and love. Harry Styles took to Twitter to thank his fans saying the following.
"We just want to say a massive thanks to all the fans who have supported us. We can send tweets and thank them, but 140 characters is never going be enough to say how much it means," said Harry Styles.
Simon Cowell and the "Directioners" are definitely happy supporters of One Direction. Hopefully, the boys manage to continue the same success as the years go by and that their third album manages to beat Taylor Swift's future records.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports