One Direction's 'Take Me Home' Hits Home Run at Number One
By Diadem Pambid | November 23, 2012 6:09 PM EST
Simon Cowell must be one proud Uncle with the latest news of his very own British boy band, One Direction, making it to the top. Once AGAIN, the boys of One Direction has made history in the music scene. One Direction's first album was a success and it became platinum after it was released in March and news has it that their second album, "Take Me Home" has managed to do as equally well.
Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson have surely gone pretty crazy with all their efforts, and are surely incredibly happy with the news that all the hardwork has finally paid off. The boys' second album "Take Me Home" debuted at the No.1 spot on the Billboard Top 200. One Direction has managed to sell a whopping 540, 000 copies.
"Take Me Home" landed the third biggest sales week of 2012. The album might have fallen behind Taylor Swift's "Red", which sold 1.2 million units its first week, and Mumford and Sons' "Babel," which sold more than 600,000 albums in September. Thankfully, it's only a teensy amount of comparison and the boys have their fans, the "Directioners" to thank for their success.
However, the album "Take Me Home" did not only top in the US but "Directioners" will be glad to know that the album aslo topped the charts in 30 countries according to their label, Columbia records.
Of course, with the album's success, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik are especially thankful to their fans and loved ones for their undying support and love. Harry Styles took to Twitter to thank his fans saying the following.
"We just want to say a massive thanks to all the fans who have supported us. We can send tweets and thank them, but 140 characters is never going be enough to say how much it means," said Harry Styles.
Simon Cowell and the "Directioners" are definitely happy supporters of One Direction. Hopefully, the boys manage to continue the same success as the years go by and that their third album manages to beat Taylor Swift's future records.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales