One Direction's 'Take Me Home' Hits Home Run at Number One
By Diadem Pambid | November 23, 2012 6:09 PM EST
Simon Cowell must be one proud Uncle with the latest news of his very own British boy band, One Direction, making it to the top. Once AGAIN, the boys of One Direction has made history in the music scene. One Direction's first album was a success and it became platinum after it was released in March and news has it that their second album, "Take Me Home" has managed to do as equally well.
Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson have surely gone pretty crazy with all their efforts, and are surely incredibly happy with the news that all the hardwork has finally paid off. The boys' second album "Take Me Home" debuted at the No.1 spot on the Billboard Top 200. One Direction has managed to sell a whopping 540, 000 copies.
"Take Me Home" landed the third biggest sales week of 2012. The album might have fallen behind Taylor Swift's "Red", which sold 1.2 million units its first week, and Mumford and Sons' "Babel," which sold more than 600,000 albums in September. Thankfully, it's only a teensy amount of comparison and the boys have their fans, the "Directioners" to thank for their success.
However, the album "Take Me Home" did not only top in the US but "Directioners" will be glad to know that the album aslo topped the charts in 30 countries according to their label, Columbia records.
Of course, with the album's success, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik are especially thankful to their fans and loved ones for their undying support and love. Harry Styles took to Twitter to thank his fans saying the following.
"We just want to say a massive thanks to all the fans who have supported us. We can send tweets and thank them, but 140 characters is never going be enough to say how much it means," said Harry Styles.
Simon Cowell and the "Directioners" are definitely happy supporters of One Direction. Hopefully, the boys manage to continue the same success as the years go by and that their third album manages to beat Taylor Swift's future records.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report