One Direction's 'Take Me Home' Hits Home Run at Number One
By Diadem Pambid | November 23, 2012 6:09 PM EST
Simon Cowell must be one proud Uncle with the latest news of his very own British boy band, One Direction, making it to the top. Once AGAIN, the boys of One Direction has made history in the music scene. One Direction's first album was a success and it became platinum after it was released in March and news has it that their second album, "Take Me Home" has managed to do as equally well.
Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson have surely gone pretty crazy with all their efforts, and are surely incredibly happy with the news that all the hardwork has finally paid off. The boys' second album "Take Me Home" debuted at the No.1 spot on the Billboard Top 200. One Direction has managed to sell a whopping 540, 000 copies.
"Take Me Home" landed the third biggest sales week of 2012. The album might have fallen behind Taylor Swift's "Red", which sold 1.2 million units its first week, and Mumford and Sons' "Babel," which sold more than 600,000 albums in September. Thankfully, it's only a teensy amount of comparison and the boys have their fans, the "Directioners" to thank for their success.
However, the album "Take Me Home" did not only top in the US but "Directioners" will be glad to know that the album aslo topped the charts in 30 countries according to their label, Columbia records.
Of course, with the album's success, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik are especially thankful to their fans and loved ones for their undying support and love. Harry Styles took to Twitter to thank his fans saying the following.
"We just want to say a massive thanks to all the fans who have supported us. We can send tweets and thank them, but 140 characters is never going be enough to say how much it means," said Harry Styles.
Simon Cowell and the "Directioners" are definitely happy supporters of One Direction. Hopefully, the boys manage to continue the same success as the years go by and that their third album manages to beat Taylor Swift's future records.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?