One Direction's 'Take Me Home' Hits Home Run at Number One
By Diadem Pambid | November 23, 2012 6:09 PM EST
Simon Cowell must be one proud Uncle with the latest news of his very own British boy band, One Direction, making it to the top. Once AGAIN, the boys of One Direction has made history in the music scene. One Direction's first album was a success and it became platinum after it was released in March and news has it that their second album, "Take Me Home" has managed to do as equally well.
Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson have surely gone pretty crazy with all their efforts, and are surely incredibly happy with the news that all the hardwork has finally paid off. The boys' second album "Take Me Home" debuted at the No.1 spot on the Billboard Top 200. One Direction has managed to sell a whopping 540, 000 copies.
"Take Me Home" landed the third biggest sales week of 2012. The album might have fallen behind Taylor Swift's "Red", which sold 1.2 million units its first week, and Mumford and Sons' "Babel," which sold more than 600,000 albums in September. Thankfully, it's only a teensy amount of comparison and the boys have their fans, the "Directioners" to thank for their success.
However, the album "Take Me Home" did not only top in the US but "Directioners" will be glad to know that the album aslo topped the charts in 30 countries according to their label, Columbia records.
Of course, with the album's success, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik are especially thankful to their fans and loved ones for their undying support and love. Harry Styles took to Twitter to thank his fans saying the following.
"We just want to say a massive thanks to all the fans who have supported us. We can send tweets and thank them, but 140 characters is never going be enough to say how much it means," said Harry Styles.
Simon Cowell and the "Directioners" are definitely happy supporters of One Direction. Hopefully, the boys manage to continue the same success as the years go by and that their third album manages to beat Taylor Swift's future records.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Harry Styles-Paige Reifler Dating, Couple Back Together
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide