Indian Stocks Waver in Early Trading
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 23, 2012 5:47 PM EST
Indian stocks markets wavered between small gains and losses in early trade on Friday despite positive Asian cues.
The 30-share BSE Sensex declined 0.06 percent or 11.45 points to 18,507.08 and the 50-share NSE Nifty fell 0.05 percent or 3.05 points to 5,624.70.
Markets opened on a flat note despite firmer Asian cues as investors wait for announcements regarding the proposed bills to liberalize the insurance, pension and banking sectors in the winter session of the Parliament which started on Thursday.
"We don't expect drastic positive moves in the first few days, but investors are keen to see whether there are solid discussions on reforms and growth," said a senior executive at an investment house, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Asian stock markets gained Friday as sentiment was buoyed after improved manufacturing figures from China and the US raised hopes of a global economic recovery. However, activity was subdued with the US markets remaining closed for Thanksgiving overnight. In addition, Japanese markets are closed Friday for a public holiday.
Among the sectoral indices, consumer durables, power and oil & gas sectors gained while PSU, realty and Banking sectors declined. Heavy weight Reliance Industries gained 0.62 percent on bargain-hunting.
Software sector shares continued to gain as the rupee continued to decline against the U.S. dollar. HCL Tech gained 1.28 percent and TCS advanced 0.23 percent while Infosys Ltd. advanced 0.50 percent.
The overall market breadth was negative with 1148 declines against 1143 advances. The BSE's Midcap Index gained 0.15 percent to 6603.53 and Smallcap Index advanced 0.29 percent to 7063.20. CNX midcap Index gained 0.14 percent and CNX IT rose 0.12 percent.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday July 23, 2014
- Major European & U.S. Airlines Cancel Flights to Israel after Rocket Attack on Tel Aviv Airport
- Alibaba Okays Yahoo Request to Sell 140 Million Shares Via IPO, 68 Million to Be Sold to Shareholders
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon July 23, 2014
- BHP Billiton Goads Abbott Government to Also Repeal Mining Tax Law
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown