Chris Brown Cancels South America Tour After Protests Over Rihanna Attack
By Czarina Malleta | November 23, 2012 5:15 PM EST
Although Chris Brown and Rihanna are in good terms now, fans can't still get over the 2009 incident when the rapper assaulted the Barbados born singer. After a series of pretest against him in South America, Chris Brown was forced to cancel his tour.
According to his producers, Chris Brown has canceled his stadium concert in South America after a series of local protests happened over what happened way back in 2009 when he attacked his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Brown was set to perform on big show in Guyana on December 26. But then women's rights groups and opposition lawmakers said that Chris is not welcome in Guyana after his assault of Rihanna three years ago.
Hits & Jams Entertainment, said on Thursday that Chris Brown had to back out from the show saying that he was not comfortable in performing with all the protests against him.
Looking back in 2009, Rihanna and Chris reportedly had a heated confrontation inside the rapper's car. Brown pleaded guilty of the assault and from then on had a restraining order from his ex girlfriend. Since then, Brown has worked to repair his image, went to counseling and focused on his albums.
But just this year, it seems like Rihanna and Chris managed to patch the gap between them. Apart from collaborating in a single for Rihanna's album the two are reportedly back in each other's arms.
Rihanna is said to be the reason why Chris Brown broke up with his girlfriend, Karrueche Tran. However, both of them claim that they are currently single.
After Rihanna's heartfelt interview with Oprah Winfrey, it looks like the two have been spending time on trying to catch up with each other. They were seen together in three consecutive nights just after Chris broke up with Karrueche.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal