Chris Brown Cancels South America Tour After Protests Over Rihanna Attack
By Czarina Malleta | November 23, 2012 5:15 PM EST
Although Chris Brown and Rihanna are in good terms now, fans can't still get over the 2009 incident when the rapper assaulted the Barbados born singer. After a series of pretest against him in South America, Chris Brown was forced to cancel his tour.
According to his producers, Chris Brown has canceled his stadium concert in South America after a series of local protests happened over what happened way back in 2009 when he attacked his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Brown was set to perform on big show in Guyana on December 26. But then women's rights groups and opposition lawmakers said that Chris is not welcome in Guyana after his assault of Rihanna three years ago.
Hits & Jams Entertainment, said on Thursday that Chris Brown had to back out from the show saying that he was not comfortable in performing with all the protests against him.
Looking back in 2009, Rihanna and Chris reportedly had a heated confrontation inside the rapper's car. Brown pleaded guilty of the assault and from then on had a restraining order from his ex girlfriend. Since then, Brown has worked to repair his image, went to counseling and focused on his albums.
But just this year, it seems like Rihanna and Chris managed to patch the gap between them. Apart from collaborating in a single for Rihanna's album the two are reportedly back in each other's arms.
Rihanna is said to be the reason why Chris Brown broke up with his girlfriend, Karrueche Tran. However, both of them claim that they are currently single.
After Rihanna's heartfelt interview with Oprah Winfrey, it looks like the two have been spending time on trying to catch up with each other. They were seen together in three consecutive nights just after Chris broke up with Karrueche.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown