Chris Brown Cancels South America Tour After Protests Over Rihanna Attack
By Czarina Malleta | November 23, 2012 5:15 PM EST
Although Chris Brown and Rihanna are in good terms now, fans can't still get over the 2009 incident when the rapper assaulted the Barbados born singer. After a series of pretest against him in South America, Chris Brown was forced to cancel his tour.
According to his producers, Chris Brown has canceled his stadium concert in South America after a series of local protests happened over what happened way back in 2009 when he attacked his ex-girlfriend Rihanna.
Brown was set to perform on big show in Guyana on December 26. But then women's rights groups and opposition lawmakers said that Chris is not welcome in Guyana after his assault of Rihanna three years ago.
Hits & Jams Entertainment, said on Thursday that Chris Brown had to back out from the show saying that he was not comfortable in performing with all the protests against him.
Looking back in 2009, Rihanna and Chris reportedly had a heated confrontation inside the rapper's car. Brown pleaded guilty of the assault and from then on had a restraining order from his ex girlfriend. Since then, Brown has worked to repair his image, went to counseling and focused on his albums.
But just this year, it seems like Rihanna and Chris managed to patch the gap between them. Apart from collaborating in a single for Rihanna's album the two are reportedly back in each other's arms.
Rihanna is said to be the reason why Chris Brown broke up with his girlfriend, Karrueche Tran. However, both of them claim that they are currently single.
After Rihanna's heartfelt interview with Oprah Winfrey, it looks like the two have been spending time on trying to catch up with each other. They were seen together in three consecutive nights just after Chris broke up with Karrueche.
To contact the editor, e-mail: