R.I.P. Isabelle Colman, Aussie Teens Grieve, 5 Things to Know from News Round-Up
By Arlene Paredes | November 23, 2012 2:02 PM EST
Isabelle Colman, the 17-year-old Brisbane girl who died after falling off a high rise balcony in Surfers Paradise, is being mourned by Australian teens as Schoolies reflect on a young life's loss.
A Facebook page called "R.I.P. Isabelle Colman" has been created as a tribute to the life of the young girl who passed away in a shocking incident at this year's Schoolies. However, the page was removed after an hour. It gathered over a thousand 'Likes,' but some commenters thought the person who created the page -- who did not identify himself -- was not being sensitive to the feelings of Colman's family.
Below is a round-up of what has been reported so far about Isabelle's death.
R.I.P. Isabelle Colman: 5 Things to Know about the Brisbane Teen's Death
1. Isabelle Colman, 17, went to St Michael's College at Ashgrove. She checked-in on the 26th floor of the Chevron Renaissance apartment tower for this year's Schoolies.
2. Police said Isabelle's death was "non-suspicious" because she was alone before she fell off the balcony at 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
3. A number of Schoolies have spoken to media, saying they saw the girl fall off the building. Another witness said he saw her drop into the pool area of the hotel.
4. Counsellors have been sent to the Schoolies venue following the tragic incident, as the school-leavers are left shaken by the tragedy.
5. Three people fell to their deaths from Gold Coast skyscrapers last month.
"The college community is deeply saddened by the tragic death of one of our former students at the Gold Coast last night,'' she said in a statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS