R.I.P. Isabelle Colman, Aussie Teens Grieve, 5 Things to Know from News Round-Up
By Arlene Paredes | November 23, 2012 2:02 PM EST
Isabelle Colman, the 17-year-old Brisbane girl who died after falling off a high rise balcony in Surfers Paradise, is being mourned by Australian teens as Schoolies reflect on a young life's loss.
A Facebook page called "R.I.P. Isabelle Colman" has been created as a tribute to the life of the young girl who passed away in a shocking incident at this year's Schoolies. However, the page was removed after an hour. It gathered over a thousand 'Likes,' but some commenters thought the person who created the page -- who did not identify himself -- was not being sensitive to the feelings of Colman's family.
Below is a round-up of what has been reported so far about Isabelle's death.
R.I.P. Isabelle Colman: 5 Things to Know about the Brisbane Teen's Death
1. Isabelle Colman, 17, went to St Michael's College at Ashgrove. She checked-in on the 26th floor of the Chevron Renaissance apartment tower for this year's Schoolies.
2. Police said Isabelle's death was "non-suspicious" because she was alone before she fell off the balcony at 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
3. A number of Schoolies have spoken to media, saying they saw the girl fall off the building. Another witness said he saw her drop into the pool area of the hotel.
4. Counsellors have been sent to the Schoolies venue following the tragic incident, as the school-leavers are left shaken by the tragedy.
5. Three people fell to their deaths from Gold Coast skyscrapers last month.
"The college community is deeply saddened by the tragic death of one of our former students at the Gold Coast last night,'' she said in a statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Search Efforts Not Affected by MH17 Recovery; Australia Still Committed to Solving Mystery
- Australian Woman Charged for Adultery in Lebanon for Visiting Boyfriend
- Another Aviation Disaster: Taiwan Plane Crashes, Passengers Aboard Feared Dead [PHOTO]
- Humans at Their Worst: MH17 Victims' Credit Cards Used in Ukraine, Phones 'Answered' by Strangers
- 'Dronies' to Become Latest Trend as Tourism New Zealand Buys Drone to Record Tourists' Videos
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports