R.I.P. Isabelle Colman, Aussie Teens Grieve, 5 Things to Know from News Round-Up
By Arlene Paredes | November 23, 2012 2:02 PM EST
Isabelle Colman, the 17-year-old Brisbane girl who died after falling off a high rise balcony in Surfers Paradise, is being mourned by Australian teens as Schoolies reflect on a young life's loss.
A Facebook page called "R.I.P. Isabelle Colman" has been created as a tribute to the life of the young girl who passed away in a shocking incident at this year's Schoolies. However, the page was removed after an hour. It gathered over a thousand 'Likes,' but some commenters thought the person who created the page -- who did not identify himself -- was not being sensitive to the feelings of Colman's family.
Below is a round-up of what has been reported so far about Isabelle's death.
R.I.P. Isabelle Colman: 5 Things to Know about the Brisbane Teen's Death
1. Isabelle Colman, 17, went to St Michael's College at Ashgrove. She checked-in on the 26th floor of the Chevron Renaissance apartment tower for this year's Schoolies.
2. Police said Isabelle's death was "non-suspicious" because she was alone before she fell off the balcony at 9:30 p.m. Thursday.
3. A number of Schoolies have spoken to media, saying they saw the girl fall off the building. Another witness said he saw her drop into the pool area of the hotel.
4. Counsellors have been sent to the Schoolies venue following the tragic incident, as the school-leavers are left shaken by the tragedy.
5. Three people fell to their deaths from Gold Coast skyscrapers last month.
"The college community is deeply saddened by the tragic death of one of our former students at the Gold Coast last night,'' she said in a statement.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- Risky Selfies That Were Taken A Few Seconds Before Tragedy Struck
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Viral Video Missouri Mall: Back-To-School Promo Of East Hills Mall In Missouri Goes Viral As Terrible Mall Ad [WATCH VIDEO]
- New Zealand Accelerates Ban on Shark Finning
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch