Today's Wrap Up, Nov 22: Parliament Adjourned On FDI, Kasab's Hanging Raises Security Concern
By ambrosia sabrina | November 23, 2012 12:48 AM EST
Government Convenes All-Party Meet Over FDI In Retail
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath has called for an all-party meet on Monday after both houses of Parliament were adjourned over differences on the controversial FDI issue.
The meeting will involve all party leaders of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha to make a decision on allowing more foreign investment in India's multi-brand retail sector. Opposition parties like BJP-led NDA and the Left are seeking a debate on FDI based on vote, which the government is not ready for.
Taliban Vows To Avenge Kasab's Death, Says Will Attack Indian Targets
A day after Ajmal Kasab's execution, Pakistani Taliban on Thursday warned of attacks on Indian targets, raising security tensions in the country.
The group also demanded the return of Kasab's body else Indian targets will meet the same fate as Kasab. The Lakshar-e-Toiba operative was hanged at Pune's Yerawada jail on Wednesday and his body was buried on the jail's premises.
Indian Telcos Cut Down Freebies And Talktime To Raise Revenue
Top mobile operators in India unveiled a new set of initiatives for prepaid subscribers in a bid to increase sales margin and revenues.
According to The Economic Times, telecom carriers Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular, Vodafone India, Tata Teleservices, and Aircel are seeking to increase its low margins, gained in the last three years, by modifying prepaid plans such as cutting down on freebies and talktime.
Kajol Missing At 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Premier
Bollywood actress Kajol did not attend Monday's grand premier of Yash Chopra's last directorial film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan".
The actress' husband Ajay Devgn said that Kajol, who is one of YRF's favourite leading ladies was not invited to the event. "Kajol was not invited for the premiere of Jab Tak Hai Jaan which I feel is very petty. This shows the pettiness of someone else," Ajay told Bollywood Hungama.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan