Today's Wrap Up, Nov 22: Parliament Adjourned On FDI, Kasab's Hanging Raises Security Concern
By ambrosia sabrina | November 23, 2012 12:48 AM EST
Government Convenes All-Party Meet Over FDI In Retail
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath has called for an all-party meet on Monday after both houses of Parliament were adjourned over differences on the controversial FDI issue.
The meeting will involve all party leaders of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha to make a decision on allowing more foreign investment in India's multi-brand retail sector. Opposition parties like BJP-led NDA and the Left are seeking a debate on FDI based on vote, which the government is not ready for.
Taliban Vows To Avenge Kasab's Death, Says Will Attack Indian Targets
A day after Ajmal Kasab's execution, Pakistani Taliban on Thursday warned of attacks on Indian targets, raising security tensions in the country.
The group also demanded the return of Kasab's body else Indian targets will meet the same fate as Kasab. The Lakshar-e-Toiba operative was hanged at Pune's Yerawada jail on Wednesday and his body was buried on the jail's premises.
Indian Telcos Cut Down Freebies And Talktime To Raise Revenue
Top mobile operators in India unveiled a new set of initiatives for prepaid subscribers in a bid to increase sales margin and revenues.
According to The Economic Times, telecom carriers Bharti Airtel, Idea Cellular, Vodafone India, Tata Teleservices, and Aircel are seeking to increase its low margins, gained in the last three years, by modifying prepaid plans such as cutting down on freebies and talktime.
Kajol Missing At 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Premier
Bollywood actress Kajol did not attend Monday's grand premier of Yash Chopra's last directorial film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan".
The actress' husband Ajay Devgn said that Kajol, who is one of YRF's favourite leading ladies was not invited to the event. "Kajol was not invited for the premiere of Jab Tak Hai Jaan which I feel is very petty. This shows the pettiness of someone else," Ajay told Bollywood Hungama.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports