Sony Xperia T LT30p owners can now access features of Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) with the latest CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) custom ROM.
This ROM and the guide below are compatible only with the Sony Xperia T (model number LT30p). IBTimes UK reminds users to proceed at their own risk and re-iterates we will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation.
- Ensure USB drivers are installed on Xperia T
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure device has a minimum of 80 percent battery charge
- Ensure all data is backed-up
- Ensure device is factory unlocked and has ClockWorkMod recovery installed
To Install Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware on Sony Xperia T:
- Download Android 4.1.2 CM10 ROM and Google Apps package
- Connect device to computer with USB cable and copy downloaded files to the device's SD card (ensure files are stored in the SD card's root folder and nowhere else)
- Switch the device off and disconnect from computer
- Start device in Recovery mode (to do so, turn on the device and keep pressing Volume Down repeatedly)
- In CWM recovery, perform a complete data wipe
- Now, scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card and then select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and choose the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file. Tap Yes to confirm the installation and the process will begin
- Repeat above step to install Google Apps package as well
- After installation completes, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now from the Recovery menu
The Xperia T LT30p should now be running on Android 4.1.2 CM10 Jelly Bean custom firmware.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: