Hamilton Planning Last McLaren Victory
By Vanessa Keller | November 22, 2012 8:32 PM EST
Lewis Hamilton is hoping to leave McLaren on a high, with the Brit aiming for a win this weekend and to be the man to give the team their 50th podium finish.
McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe revealed that McLaren would sorely miss having Lewis around, after spending 15 years with the team before signing on to move to Mercedes next year.
"Of course we're going to miss Lewis a great deal," he said. "He's a fantastic driver and a fantastic guy.
"We're been through a lot of history together. Personally I've only worked with him since 2007 but that's been six years of fantastic racing and great successes and some tough times as well. But we'll all miss him as he's the most fantastic driver.
"We wish him the best for the future and we will look forward after Brazil to next year."
And as Lewis prepares to go out with a bang, he says he is looking to build on his victory in Austin and show appreciation to the team that has made him the driver he is today.
"As my final race behind the wheel of a McLaren, I vow to the whole team that I'll give it my all on every single lap," he explained. "My win in Austin last week was one of the races of my life, and I'd love to take victory in Brazil this weekend to give the team the perfect farewell present.
"Brazil has been the scene of some epic races for me during my time at McLaren and, for many reasons, this weekend will be a very big race for me.
"I nearly won the title here in 2007, clinched it on the final turn in '08 and drove like crazy to finish on the podium in '09. But I've never won: and that's what I'll be aiming to do this time around."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown