Hamilton Planning Last McLaren Victory
By Vanessa Keller | November 22, 2012 8:32 PM EST
Lewis Hamilton is hoping to leave McLaren on a high, with the Brit aiming for a win this weekend and to be the man to give the team their 50th podium finish.
McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe revealed that McLaren would sorely miss having Lewis around, after spending 15 years with the team before signing on to move to Mercedes next year.
"Of course we're going to miss Lewis a great deal," he said. "He's a fantastic driver and a fantastic guy.
"We're been through a lot of history together. Personally I've only worked with him since 2007 but that's been six years of fantastic racing and great successes and some tough times as well. But we'll all miss him as he's the most fantastic driver.
"We wish him the best for the future and we will look forward after Brazil to next year."
And as Lewis prepares to go out with a bang, he says he is looking to build on his victory in Austin and show appreciation to the team that has made him the driver he is today.
"As my final race behind the wheel of a McLaren, I vow to the whole team that I'll give it my all on every single lap," he explained. "My win in Austin last week was one of the races of my life, and I'd love to take victory in Brazil this weekend to give the team the perfect farewell present.
"Brazil has been the scene of some epic races for me during my time at McLaren and, for many reasons, this weekend will be a very big race for me.
"I nearly won the title here in 2007, clinched it on the final turn in '08 and drove like crazy to finish on the podium in '09. But I've never won: and that's what I'll be aiming to do this time around."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy