Hamilton Planning Last McLaren Victory
By Vanessa Keller | November 22, 2012 8:32 PM EST
Lewis Hamilton is hoping to leave McLaren on a high, with the Brit aiming for a win this weekend and to be the man to give the team their 50th podium finish.
McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe revealed that McLaren would sorely miss having Lewis around, after spending 15 years with the team before signing on to move to Mercedes next year.
"Of course we're going to miss Lewis a great deal," he said. "He's a fantastic driver and a fantastic guy.
"We're been through a lot of history together. Personally I've only worked with him since 2007 but that's been six years of fantastic racing and great successes and some tough times as well. But we'll all miss him as he's the most fantastic driver.
"We wish him the best for the future and we will look forward after Brazil to next year."
And as Lewis prepares to go out with a bang, he says he is looking to build on his victory in Austin and show appreciation to the team that has made him the driver he is today.
"As my final race behind the wheel of a McLaren, I vow to the whole team that I'll give it my all on every single lap," he explained. "My win in Austin last week was one of the races of my life, and I'd love to take victory in Brazil this weekend to give the team the perfect farewell present.
"Brazil has been the scene of some epic races for me during my time at McLaren and, for many reasons, this weekend will be a very big race for me.
"I nearly won the title here in 2007, clinched it on the final turn in '08 and drove like crazy to finish on the podium in '09. But I've never won: and that's what I'll be aiming to do this time around."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border