Hamilton Planning Last McLaren Victory
By Vanessa Keller | November 22, 2012 8:32 PM EST
Lewis Hamilton is hoping to leave McLaren on a high, with the Brit aiming for a win this weekend and to be the man to give the team their 50th podium finish.
McLaren technical director Paddy Lowe revealed that McLaren would sorely miss having Lewis around, after spending 15 years with the team before signing on to move to Mercedes next year.
"Of course we're going to miss Lewis a great deal," he said. "He's a fantastic driver and a fantastic guy.
"We're been through a lot of history together. Personally I've only worked with him since 2007 but that's been six years of fantastic racing and great successes and some tough times as well. But we'll all miss him as he's the most fantastic driver.
"We wish him the best for the future and we will look forward after Brazil to next year."
And as Lewis prepares to go out with a bang, he says he is looking to build on his victory in Austin and show appreciation to the team that has made him the driver he is today.
"As my final race behind the wheel of a McLaren, I vow to the whole team that I'll give it my all on every single lap," he explained. "My win in Austin last week was one of the races of my life, and I'd love to take victory in Brazil this weekend to give the team the perfect farewell present.
"Brazil has been the scene of some epic races for me during my time at McLaren and, for many reasons, this weekend will be a very big race for me.
"I nearly won the title here in 2007, clinched it on the final turn in '08 and drove like crazy to finish on the podium in '09. But I've never won: and that's what I'll be aiming to do this time around."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report