Click Frenzy Australia: Profits Climb 200% for Several Businesses
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 22, 2012 5:08 PM EST
Several Australian retailers who engaged on the November 20 one-day Click Frenzy sale are grateful to the online shoppers because of a 200% profit increase. These shoppers bought nearly $1.5M worth of merchandise during the 24 hours of Click Frenzy with the use of Australia's top online payment provider eWAY.
Click Frenzy is a replica of the incredibly triumphant Cyber Monday in the United States. Cyber Monday is an event for online dealers to make the most profit on the Thanksgiving Holiday "Black Friday" event which has become the largest sales day on the US calendar that considerably expands every year.
Click Frenzy overcame the shaky launch of the flash sale with its noteworthy boost in business deals for retailers involved. Matt Bullock, CEO of eWAY, estimates that this profit increase signifies a powerful demand from consumers who wish to avoid the crowd and just look for online bargains especially with the upcoming holiday season.
"We always see an increase in volumes in the lead up to Christmas but Click Frenzy has pushed online sales to the next level. While our merchants participating in Click Frenzy have benefited, it has also has a positive impact on many other online businesses, with overall sales volumes spiking over the frenzy period. I see the huge interest in Click Frenzy as an example of how strong Australian eCommerce really is," Bullock said.
eWAY's other Click Frenzy businesses include retailers in consumer electronics, outdoor gears and fashion such as Anaconda, Shaver Shop, Ezy DVD, Katie's and Camera House. eWAY customer brandsExclusive, an online retailer that sells clothing, accessories and home wares, also gained considerable profit increase through its participation in the 24-hour sale.
"We saw strong increases in traffic throughout the 24 hour period with a spike in new members joining our site as well as a lift in unique visitors. The traffic and revenue figures over the 24 hour period were very promising and we would definitely consider participating again," Daniel Jarosch, Co-Founder and Managing Director of brandsExclusive stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- UFO Falling 'Angel Hair' Strands Spotted By Portugal Residents [VIDEO]
- US Police Release Video Of Officers Shooting 12-Year-Old Tamir Rice
- US Toddler, 3, Shoots Mother To Death With 9mm Handgun
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Has 'Uncanny Ability,' Described As 'Posh' During Public Appearances
- NSW Girl, 12, Takes Wheel of Mazda MX5 & Saves Lives After Father Suffers Heart Attack
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report