Click Frenzy Australia: Profits Climb 200% for Several Businesses
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 22, 2012 5:08 PM EST
Several Australian retailers who engaged on the November 20 one-day Click Frenzy sale are grateful to the online shoppers because of a 200% profit increase. These shoppers bought nearly $1.5M worth of merchandise during the 24 hours of Click Frenzy with the use of Australia's top online payment provider eWAY.
Click Frenzy is a replica of the incredibly triumphant Cyber Monday in the United States. Cyber Monday is an event for online dealers to make the most profit on the Thanksgiving Holiday "Black Friday" event which has become the largest sales day on the US calendar that considerably expands every year.
Click Frenzy overcame the shaky launch of the flash sale with its noteworthy boost in business deals for retailers involved. Matt Bullock, CEO of eWAY, estimates that this profit increase signifies a powerful demand from consumers who wish to avoid the crowd and just look for online bargains especially with the upcoming holiday season.
"We always see an increase in volumes in the lead up to Christmas but Click Frenzy has pushed online sales to the next level. While our merchants participating in Click Frenzy have benefited, it has also has a positive impact on many other online businesses, with overall sales volumes spiking over the frenzy period. I see the huge interest in Click Frenzy as an example of how strong Australian eCommerce really is," Bullock said.
eWAY's other Click Frenzy businesses include retailers in consumer electronics, outdoor gears and fashion such as Anaconda, Shaver Shop, Ezy DVD, Katie's and Camera House. eWAY customer brandsExclusive, an online retailer that sells clothing, accessories and home wares, also gained considerable profit increase through its participation in the 24-hour sale.
"We saw strong increases in traffic throughout the 24 hour period with a spike in new members joining our site as well as a lift in unique visitors. The traffic and revenue figures over the 24 hour period were very promising and we would definitely consider participating again," Daniel Jarosch, Co-Founder and Managing Director of brandsExclusive stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Virus Might Reach Australia in Months; Health Dept Says Australia Prepared For Outbreak
- Woman, 40, Charged after Six Baby Corpses Found in Canada U-Haul Locker
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Seven Weird Things Banned by Governments
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28