Click Frenzy Australia: Profits Climb 200% for Several Businesses
By Jenalyn Villamarin | November 22, 2012 5:08 PM EST
Several Australian retailers who engaged on the November 20 one-day Click Frenzy sale are grateful to the online shoppers because of a 200% profit increase. These shoppers bought nearly $1.5M worth of merchandise during the 24 hours of Click Frenzy with the use of Australia's top online payment provider eWAY.
Click Frenzy is a replica of the incredibly triumphant Cyber Monday in the United States. Cyber Monday is an event for online dealers to make the most profit on the Thanksgiving Holiday "Black Friday" event which has become the largest sales day on the US calendar that considerably expands every year.
Click Frenzy overcame the shaky launch of the flash sale with its noteworthy boost in business deals for retailers involved. Matt Bullock, CEO of eWAY, estimates that this profit increase signifies a powerful demand from consumers who wish to avoid the crowd and just look for online bargains especially with the upcoming holiday season.
"We always see an increase in volumes in the lead up to Christmas but Click Frenzy has pushed online sales to the next level. While our merchants participating in Click Frenzy have benefited, it has also has a positive impact on many other online businesses, with overall sales volumes spiking over the frenzy period. I see the huge interest in Click Frenzy as an example of how strong Australian eCommerce really is," Bullock said.
eWAY's other Click Frenzy businesses include retailers in consumer electronics, outdoor gears and fashion such as Anaconda, Shaver Shop, Ezy DVD, Katie's and Camera House. eWAY customer brandsExclusive, an online retailer that sells clothing, accessories and home wares, also gained considerable profit increase through its participation in the 24-hour sale.
"We saw strong increases in traffic throughout the 24 hour period with a spike in new members joining our site as well as a lift in unique visitors. The traffic and revenue figures over the 24 hour period were very promising and we would definitely consider participating again," Daniel Jarosch, Co-Founder and Managing Director of brandsExclusive stated.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Report Claims China & Taiwan Sell Human Meat
- Crocodile Attacks, Takes Man in Adelaide River; Wife Witnesses Tragedy
- Sex with the Dead: Ohio Man Admits Doing it with 100 Corpses
- Princess Diana's Gravesite Algae-Infested, Earl Spencer Reportedly To Blame
- Ebola Virus: NZ Health Officials Given 'Powers' to Stop Ships, Planes from Entering Border
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff