Shakira Sued For $100 Million By Ex-Lover
November 22, 2012 3:15 PM EST
Colombian crooner Shakira is being sued by her ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rua for $100 million, WENN reported Wednesday.
The award-winning songbird has quite the headache now that her former lover and business partner is going after her fortune.
Even though it seems like a huge sum to be seeking from an ex, de la Rua claims he has good reason to be suing the star, whose full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll.
He alleges that once his romance with Shakira, 35, ended their business relationship soured also.
The “Hips Don’t Lie” star dated de la Rua, son of former Argentine President Fernando de la Rua, for 10 years and even though the two broke up in 2010, he maintains that they agreed to remain friends and business partners.
Naturally events didn’t go as de la Rua had imagined, so he filed a lawsuit against Shakira in New York, accusing the singer of breaking her promise to split her profits with him, according to WENN.
He could also be upset now that the pop star is expecting her first child with soccer player Gerard Pique.
The singer’s ex claims that even though he and Shakira were no longer together, he was still supposed to run the business behind her brand, including her $300 million deal with concert promoter Live Nation.
De la Rua admits their business relationship lasted only a year, but since being fired in 2011 he wants $100 million for his troubles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft