Shakira Sued For $100 Million By Ex-Lover
November 22, 2012 3:15 PM EST
Colombian crooner Shakira is being sued by her ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rua for $100 million, WENN reported Wednesday.
The award-winning songbird has quite the headache now that her former lover and business partner is going after her fortune.
Even though it seems like a huge sum to be seeking from an ex, de la Rua claims he has good reason to be suing the star, whose full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll.
He alleges that once his romance with Shakira, 35, ended their business relationship soured also.
The “Hips Don’t Lie” star dated de la Rua, son of former Argentine President Fernando de la Rua, for 10 years and even though the two broke up in 2010, he maintains that they agreed to remain friends and business partners.
Naturally events didn’t go as de la Rua had imagined, so he filed a lawsuit against Shakira in New York, accusing the singer of breaking her promise to split her profits with him, according to WENN.
He could also be upset now that the pop star is expecting her first child with soccer player Gerard Pique.
The singer’s ex claims that even though he and Shakira were no longer together, he was still supposed to run the business behind her brand, including her $300 million deal with concert promoter Live Nation.
De la Rua admits their business relationship lasted only a year, but since being fired in 2011 he wants $100 million for his troubles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks