Shakira Sued For $100 Million By Ex-Lover
November 22, 2012 3:15 PM EST
Colombian crooner Shakira is being sued by her ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rua for $100 million, WENN reported Wednesday.
The award-winning songbird has quite the headache now that her former lover and business partner is going after her fortune.
Even though it seems like a huge sum to be seeking from an ex, de la Rua claims he has good reason to be suing the star, whose full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll.
He alleges that once his romance with Shakira, 35, ended their business relationship soured also.
The “Hips Don’t Lie” star dated de la Rua, son of former Argentine President Fernando de la Rua, for 10 years and even though the two broke up in 2010, he maintains that they agreed to remain friends and business partners.
Naturally events didn’t go as de la Rua had imagined, so he filed a lawsuit against Shakira in New York, accusing the singer of breaking her promise to split her profits with him, according to WENN.
He could also be upset now that the pop star is expecting her first child with soccer player Gerard Pique.
The singer’s ex claims that even though he and Shakira were no longer together, he was still supposed to run the business behind her brand, including her $300 million deal with concert promoter Live Nation.
De la Rua admits their business relationship lasted only a year, but since being fired in 2011 he wants $100 million for his troubles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Anna Paquin Says She Took Home ‘Cute, English Dude’ Stephen Moyer From The Set Of “True Blood”
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Actor Charlie Hunnam Gushes Over Co-star Maggie Siff, Says He Is Most Proud of Jax, Tara's Relationship [VIDEO}
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October