Shakira Sued For $100 Million By Ex-Lover
November 22, 2012 3:15 PM EST
Colombian crooner Shakira is being sued by her ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rua for $100 million, WENN reported Wednesday.
The award-winning songbird has quite the headache now that her former lover and business partner is going after her fortune.
Even though it seems like a huge sum to be seeking from an ex, de la Rua claims he has good reason to be suing the star, whose full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll.
He alleges that once his romance with Shakira, 35, ended their business relationship soured also.
The “Hips Don’t Lie” star dated de la Rua, son of former Argentine President Fernando de la Rua, for 10 years and even though the two broke up in 2010, he maintains that they agreed to remain friends and business partners.
Naturally events didn’t go as de la Rua had imagined, so he filed a lawsuit against Shakira in New York, accusing the singer of breaking her promise to split her profits with him, according to WENN.
He could also be upset now that the pop star is expecting her first child with soccer player Gerard Pique.
The singer’s ex claims that even though he and Shakira were no longer together, he was still supposed to run the business behind her brand, including her $300 million deal with concert promoter Live Nation.
De la Rua admits their business relationship lasted only a year, but since being fired in 2011 he wants $100 million for his troubles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage