Shakira Sued For $100 Million By Ex-Lover
November 22, 2012 3:15 PM EST
Colombian crooner Shakira is being sued by her ex-boyfriend Antonio de la Rua for $100 million, WENN reported Wednesday.
The award-winning songbird has quite the headache now that her former lover and business partner is going after her fortune.
Even though it seems like a huge sum to be seeking from an ex, de la Rua claims he has good reason to be suing the star, whose full name is Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll.
He alleges that once his romance with Shakira, 35, ended their business relationship soured also.
The “Hips Don’t Lie” star dated de la Rua, son of former Argentine President Fernando de la Rua, for 10 years and even though the two broke up in 2010, he maintains that they agreed to remain friends and business partners.
Naturally events didn’t go as de la Rua had imagined, so he filed a lawsuit against Shakira in New York, accusing the singer of breaking her promise to split her profits with him, according to WENN.
He could also be upset now that the pop star is expecting her first child with soccer player Gerard Pique.
The singer’s ex claims that even though he and Shakira were no longer together, he was still supposed to run the business behind her brand, including her $300 million deal with concert promoter Live Nation.
De la Rua admits their business relationship lasted only a year, but since being fired in 2011 he wants $100 million for his troubles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown