Samsung Galaxy S3 Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update Sreenshots Surfaced
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 22, 2012 3:12 PM EST
Yes, the update is coming soon. However, it is expected to arrive in December or January next year. The software is currently undergoing testing for the Galaxy S3 and is said to be stable and almost ready.
The photos were posted on SamMobile. However, the company has yet to make an official statement about the screenshots that are making the rounds in the cyberspace.
SamMobile provide a sneak preview of the rumored Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S3 and it has the Multi Window View, the split screen multitasking feature that is found on the Galaxy Note 2.
According to GottaBeMobile, Multi Window View is not the only new feature coming with the update either. In addition to the powerful split-screen multitasking which allows users to use two separate apps on the display, this leaked firmware also includes features such as page buddy, notification panel that can be customized, smart rotation, etc.
The same kind of update is also expected to Galaxy Note 2's predecessor. The leaked firmware is Android 4.1.2, version JZO54K, and it is apparently test firmware and not likely the version that Samsung will be rolling out in the future.
The update is still going under testing and those who are excited to install it in their Galaxy S3s should be wary of the bugs that would be likely on board. It is best to wait for the official update from the company, which is likely to roll out next month.
The Androidv4.1.2 Jelly Bean is different from the latest 4.2 version that is present in the new LG Nexus 4. The 4.1.2 version includes tweaks from the present 4.1.1. The new 4.2 version that was released by Android earlier this month comes with many fantastic features such as 360 degree panorama mode and gesture keyboard.
Currently, the Samsung Galaxy S3 users are enjoying the 4.1.1 version of the Jelly Bean, which is being released worldwide.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2