Chevy Chase Abruptly Leaves 'Community'
By Eric Brown | November 22, 2012 1:43 PM EST
After filming three and a half seasons, Chevy Chase has left his starring role on the NBC sitcom “Community.”
According to Deadline, most of the episodes for the 13-episode fourth season of “Community” have already been filmed. Chase will not be appearing in one or two episodes that have yet to be filmed, though he will be in the season finale.
Chase’s departure should come as no surprise to fans of the cult-favorite “Community.” The veteran comedic actor has been vocal in his dislike for the series since it debuted in 2009.
A few months ago, Chase gave an interview to the Huffington Post UK completely tearing "Community" apart.
“Well, I have to say that one of the things that bothers me about our show is that it is placed in that study room all the time, with the same light, the same color. That's not interesting to see a lot. It's just joke after joke after joke around that table,” Chase said.
After complaining about problems on the set of “Community,” Chase went on to tear down the entire sitcom genre.
“The hours are hideous, and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television,” he said.
Even when discussing fellow “Community” stars Donald Glover, Joel McHale and Allison Brie, Chase only had backhanded compliments to deliver.
“I think the reason I have stuck around is because I love these kids, the cast - they are very good,” Chase said before following it up with an insult. “It's not like I am working with the great innovators of all time, but at the same time, they are my friends.”
Chase has also been the instigator of a public feud with series creator and former head writer Dan Harmon. After Chase left a profanity-laced message on Harmon’s voicemail, the showrunner went public with the message, and the fallout ultimately led to Harmon being fired from his own show.
“Community” fans should be looking forward to the show’s return in February, albeit with a few Chase-less episodes. Glover, McHale, and the rest of the show's cast will continue to star.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast