Chevy Chase Abruptly Leaves 'Community'
By Eric Brown | November 22, 2012 1:43 PM EST
After filming three and a half seasons, Chevy Chase has left his starring role on the NBC sitcom “Community.”
According to Deadline, most of the episodes for the 13-episode fourth season of “Community” have already been filmed. Chase will not be appearing in one or two episodes that have yet to be filmed, though he will be in the season finale.
Chase’s departure should come as no surprise to fans of the cult-favorite “Community.” The veteran comedic actor has been vocal in his dislike for the series since it debuted in 2009.
A few months ago, Chase gave an interview to the Huffington Post UK completely tearing "Community" apart.
“Well, I have to say that one of the things that bothers me about our show is that it is placed in that study room all the time, with the same light, the same color. That's not interesting to see a lot. It's just joke after joke after joke around that table,” Chase said.
After complaining about problems on the set of “Community,” Chase went on to tear down the entire sitcom genre.
“The hours are hideous, and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television,” he said.
Even when discussing fellow “Community” stars Donald Glover, Joel McHale and Allison Brie, Chase only had backhanded compliments to deliver.
“I think the reason I have stuck around is because I love these kids, the cast - they are very good,” Chase said before following it up with an insult. “It's not like I am working with the great innovators of all time, but at the same time, they are my friends.”
Chase has also been the instigator of a public feud with series creator and former head writer Dan Harmon. After Chase left a profanity-laced message on Harmon’s voicemail, the showrunner went public with the message, and the fallout ultimately led to Harmon being fired from his own show.
“Community” fans should be looking forward to the show’s return in February, albeit with a few Chase-less episodes. Glover, McHale, and the rest of the show's cast will continue to star.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia