Chevy Chase Abruptly Leaves 'Community'
By Eric Brown | November 22, 2012 1:43 PM EST
After filming three and a half seasons, Chevy Chase has left his starring role on the NBC sitcom “Community.”
According to Deadline, most of the episodes for the 13-episode fourth season of “Community” have already been filmed. Chase will not be appearing in one or two episodes that have yet to be filmed, though he will be in the season finale.
Chase’s departure should come as no surprise to fans of the cult-favorite “Community.” The veteran comedic actor has been vocal in his dislike for the series since it debuted in 2009.
A few months ago, Chase gave an interview to the Huffington Post UK completely tearing "Community" apart.
“Well, I have to say that one of the things that bothers me about our show is that it is placed in that study room all the time, with the same light, the same color. That's not interesting to see a lot. It's just joke after joke after joke around that table,” Chase said.
After complaining about problems on the set of “Community,” Chase went on to tear down the entire sitcom genre.
“The hours are hideous, and it's still a sitcom on television, which is probably the lowest form of television,” he said.
Even when discussing fellow “Community” stars Donald Glover, Joel McHale and Allison Brie, Chase only had backhanded compliments to deliver.
“I think the reason I have stuck around is because I love these kids, the cast - they are very good,” Chase said before following it up with an insult. “It's not like I am working with the great innovators of all time, but at the same time, they are my friends.”
Chase has also been the instigator of a public feud with series creator and former head writer Dan Harmon. After Chase left a profanity-laced message on Harmon’s voicemail, the showrunner went public with the message, and the fallout ultimately led to Harmon being fired from his own show.
“Community” fans should be looking forward to the show’s return in February, albeit with a few Chase-less episodes. Glover, McHale, and the rest of the show's cast will continue to star.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date