Mayan Calendar: Believers to Climb Mystical French Mountain for Doomsday Space Shuttle?
By Arlene Paredes | November 22, 2012 1:11 PM EST
Pic de Bugarach, a strange mountain in Southern France is expected to be flocked by cult members who believe the world will end on December 21 - just 29 days from today. The doomsday believers will reportedly gather atop the mountain to wait for a space shuttle that will save Earth dwellers from the planet's catastrophic end.
An important cycle in the Mayan calendar is believed to indicate the world's end on December 21. As the date draws near, Mayan calendar followers are expected to throw some last ditch efforts to survive a chaotic doom. However, some sources point out that there will only be some grand spiritual transformation on this day. Still, some myth believers are headed to Pic de Bugarach to save themselves.
Pic de Bugarach, also known as Peak of Bugarag, is known to many as a mystical mountain of strange geological composition. Bugarag's top layer is older than the bottom layers. This feature earned its description as an "upside-down mountain." Standing at 1,230 metres (4,040 ft), the peak is believed to house mystical powers and alien life.
Pic de Bugarach as Alien Shelter
Myth has it that such upside-down composition was made possible by aliens who caved themselves in the mountain to take refuge on Earth until doomsday. These aliens who have been staying inside the mountain are believed to be expecting the arrival of their mother ship some time before the world collapses to its end. It is further believed the aliens will save some Earthlings as they flee.
Pic de Bugarach is the highest peak in the Corbières mountains in Southern France, where farming and wine-growing are the usual sources of income. The western part of the mountain is part of a small village called Bugarach, with an estimated 200 dwellers. It has become a famous spot for myth-believing tourists.
French police to prevent entry to Pic de Bugarach?
Scott Waring, owner of the site ufosightingsdaily.com reported over a hundred police and firefighters will man the borders of Pic de Bugarach by December. Authorities will reportedly be there to stop anyone from getting to the top of the mountain.
"This is another clear attempt by the world governments to control our fate as well as to try to cover up all attempts that aliens make to meet or help humans," Waring wrote.
It has earlier been reported by The Independent that "up to 100,000 people" may gather at Bugarach ahead of December 21.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Meeks Death Hoax: Handsome Felon's Fake Death after Release from Jail Goes Viral
- Happy Birthday Prince George: 5 Things to Know About Kate Middleton and Prince William’s Son
- Prince George’s Birthday Celebrations: Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla to Remain Absent from Grandson's First Birthday Party Plus Other Details- Report
- iPhone 6 releasing Soon, Use Old Smartphones to Save Rainforest
- Tony Abbott Launches #BringThemHome Operation for MH17 Victims; Black Avatars Trending on Social Media
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports