Ian Somerhalder Talks '50 Shades Of Grey' To Boost His IS Environmental Foundation
By Maria Vultaggio | November 22, 2012 9:35 AM EST
Stephan Amell from “Arrow” might be the most recent candidate for “Fifty Shades of Grey’s” Christian Grey, but “Vampire Diaries'” Ian Somerhalder has jumped back onto the radar after an interview with MTV.
The actor is arguably the top fan favorite for the title role. Some believe he would be perfect considering he plays a charming character on “Vampire Diaries.”
During an interview Wednesday, Somerhalder said he would know how Christian Grey would react in specific scenarios, particularly those that have to do with volunteer opportunities.
Somerhalder is known for being a philanthropist, so when he sat down with MTV to talk about the charities he’s involved with, they also threw a “Fifty Shades of Grey” question at him.
“Okay, let’s discuss Christian Grey. No, we promise we’re not going to ask if you got the role!” said Danica Davidson, a blogger for MTV. “We want to know if you think Mr. Grey would ever volunteer or help with your foundation? What might he do?”
“Of course he would volunteer for the foundation,” replied Somerhalder, possibly relieved that he didn’t have to respond to any “Fifty Shades of Grey” casting rumors.
“Grey is a total sucker for challenge and opportunity. … He would somehow harness the corporate world to serve and obey the mission of the foundation … doing it with a sparkle in his eyes and that smile ‘cross his mouth.'”
Somerhald established the IS Foundation in 2010 to advocate for environment protection and animal welfare.
Though the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie has a producer and a screenwriter, casting has not begun.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- Mariah Carey-Nick Cannon Divorce: Mariah Claims Infidelity, Nick's Affair With Amber Rose To Blame -- Report
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 21 Spoilers: Nick Shocks His Family And Summer’s Past Gets Revealed
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef