S&P 500 ends up for fourth day, volume slumps
November 22, 2012 8:21 AM EST
Stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 up for a fourth session, although trading volume was one of the year's lowest on the day ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> rose 48.38 points, or 0.38 percent, to end unofficially at 12,836.89. The S&P 500 <.SPX> gained 3.22 points, or 0.23 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,391.03. The Nasdaq Composite <.IXIC> added 9.87 points, or 0.34 percent, to close unofficially at 2,926.55.
(Reporting by Rodrigo Campos; Editing by Jan Paschal)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu