S&P 500 ends up for fourth day, volume slumps
November 22, 2012 8:21 AM EST
Stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 up for a fourth session, although trading volume was one of the year's lowest on the day ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> rose 48.38 points, or 0.38 percent, to end unofficially at 12,836.89. The S&P 500 <.SPX> gained 3.22 points, or 0.23 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,391.03. The Nasdaq Composite <.IXIC> added 9.87 points, or 0.34 percent, to close unofficially at 2,926.55.
(Reporting by Rodrigo Campos; Editing by Jan Paschal)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery