S&P 500 ends up for fourth day, volume slumps
November 22, 2012 8:21 AM EST
Stocks rose on Wednesday, with the S&P 500 up for a fourth session, although trading volume was one of the year's lowest on the day ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> rose 48.38 points, or 0.38 percent, to end unofficially at 12,836.89. The S&P 500 <.SPX> gained 3.22 points, or 0.23 percent, to finish unofficially at 1,391.03. The Nasdaq Composite <.IXIC> added 9.87 points, or 0.34 percent, to close unofficially at 2,926.55.
(Reporting by Rodrigo Campos; Editing by Jan Paschal)
Join the Conversation
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks