Judd Apatow's 'Simpsons' Script From 1990 To Air Next Season [VIDEO]
By Tom Herrmann | November 22, 2012 5:20 AM EST
Judd Apatow has become an A-list director and producer over the past decade, creating hit film like “The 40-Year-Old Virgin,” “Knocked Up” and “Funny People” among others. Long bfore he manned the directing chair for hit comedies, Apatow penned a “Simpsons” episode that will be turned into an episode – 22 years later.
On the Conan O’Brien hosted web series Serious Jibber-Jabber, the writer-director-producer revealed to the late night host and former “Simpsons” writer that he had recently confessed to writing a “Simpsons” script before his big break in the early 90s. Now that two decades have passed and the world knows of Apatow’s aged script, producers for the Fox animated sitcom intend to create the episode.
The episode written shortly after the show’s premiere see’s Homer is hypnotized into thinking that he’s 10-years old again and winds up as best friends with Bart, according to “Simpsons” executive producer AI Jean reports Entertainment Weekly. The episode is expected to air in the next season.
The episode was written less than a year after the show first aired, and it will be a part of the series’ twenty-fifth season. According to Slash Film, the script “defined every movie [Apatow has] ever made.”
“I thought, ‘Well, we’re always looking for good shows and good writers,’” said Jean after hearing about Apatow’s script at a “This is 40” screening. “I sent word to him: ‘If you’re interested, we’ll buy it.’ I think he had to find it — it was in one of his boxes.”
Entertainment Weekly writes that the long-running cartoon’s executive producer is welcoming to Apatow being a part of the show, even though she hasn’t read the script yet. “For people who want to know how to write a freelance Simpsons episode: Just do it, then have a megamilliondollar movie career and we’ll buy the spec,” Entertainment Weekly claims Jean said.
The entertainment publication then posed the question of whether or not Apatow could become part of the “Simpsons” writing crew if he wanted. “Sure, why not?” Entertainment Weekly alleges Jean said. “And Conan can come back anytime he wants.”
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced