Marseille Attacker Andre Ayew Admits Interest in West Ham Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 3:26 AM EST
Marseille forward Andre Ayew has confirmed that he will speak to his agent about a move to West Ham if an official offer arrives from the high-flying London club.
West Ham have enjoyed a terrific start to the season under Sam Allardyce and are currently in seventh place on 19 points, the same as north London rivals Arsenal and two ahead of Tottenham.
With Allardyce preparing for the January transfer window, there have been suggestions West Ham will make an offer for Ayew.
The 22-year-old has carved out a reputation as one of the top players in Ligue 1 after starring for Marseille in the last two seasons, scoring 29 goals in the process.
Despite his relatively young age he is already an established international with 40 caps for Ghana and was a regular for Marseille in the Champions League campaign of 2010/11 when Marseille where in the same group as Manchester United.
His impressive performances alerted a number of European clubs and there speculation that he could leave the Ligue 1 club, however, he eventually signed a new contract which takes him up to the summer of 2015.
Ayew also starred for Ghana at the 2010 World Cup as he helped the Black Stars reach the quarter-finals of the competition before an unfortunate exit literally at the hands of Luis Suarez.
While Ayew has continually been linked with a move to England, he admits that West Ham would be of interest as he would like to test himself in another league.
"We are very interested in playing abroad one day in our career," Ayew told Sky Sports. "There is no official bid from West Ham and if there is a possibility of one arriving, we will speak to our advisors. West Ham are an excellent team."
West Ham have enjoyed an impressive start to the season but they have still been short of goals from their forwards, with Andy Carroll and Carlton Cole yet to score a league goal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery