Marseille Attacker Andre Ayew Admits Interest in West Ham Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 3:26 AM EST
Marseille forward Andre Ayew has confirmed that he will speak to his agent about a move to West Ham if an official offer arrives from the high-flying London club.
West Ham have enjoyed a terrific start to the season under Sam Allardyce and are currently in seventh place on 19 points, the same as north London rivals Arsenal and two ahead of Tottenham.
With Allardyce preparing for the January transfer window, there have been suggestions West Ham will make an offer for Ayew.
The 22-year-old has carved out a reputation as one of the top players in Ligue 1 after starring for Marseille in the last two seasons, scoring 29 goals in the process.
Despite his relatively young age he is already an established international with 40 caps for Ghana and was a regular for Marseille in the Champions League campaign of 2010/11 when Marseille where in the same group as Manchester United.
His impressive performances alerted a number of European clubs and there speculation that he could leave the Ligue 1 club, however, he eventually signed a new contract which takes him up to the summer of 2015.
Ayew also starred for Ghana at the 2010 World Cup as he helped the Black Stars reach the quarter-finals of the competition before an unfortunate exit literally at the hands of Luis Suarez.
While Ayew has continually been linked with a move to England, he admits that West Ham would be of interest as he would like to test himself in another league.
"We are very interested in playing abroad one day in our career," Ayew told Sky Sports. "There is no official bid from West Ham and if there is a possibility of one arriving, we will speak to our advisors. West Ham are an excellent team."
West Ham have enjoyed an impressive start to the season but they have still been short of goals from their forwards, with Andy Carroll and Carlton Cole yet to score a league goal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia