Marseille Attacker Andre Ayew Admits Interest in West Ham Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 3:26 AM EST
Marseille forward Andre Ayew has confirmed that he will speak to his agent about a move to West Ham if an official offer arrives from the high-flying London club.
West Ham have enjoyed a terrific start to the season under Sam Allardyce and are currently in seventh place on 19 points, the same as north London rivals Arsenal and two ahead of Tottenham.
With Allardyce preparing for the January transfer window, there have been suggestions West Ham will make an offer for Ayew.
The 22-year-old has carved out a reputation as one of the top players in Ligue 1 after starring for Marseille in the last two seasons, scoring 29 goals in the process.
Despite his relatively young age he is already an established international with 40 caps for Ghana and was a regular for Marseille in the Champions League campaign of 2010/11 when Marseille where in the same group as Manchester United.
His impressive performances alerted a number of European clubs and there speculation that he could leave the Ligue 1 club, however, he eventually signed a new contract which takes him up to the summer of 2015.
Ayew also starred for Ghana at the 2010 World Cup as he helped the Black Stars reach the quarter-finals of the competition before an unfortunate exit literally at the hands of Luis Suarez.
While Ayew has continually been linked with a move to England, he admits that West Ham would be of interest as he would like to test himself in another league.
"We are very interested in playing abroad one day in our career," Ayew told Sky Sports. "There is no official bid from West Ham and if there is a possibility of one arriving, we will speak to our advisors. West Ham are an excellent team."
West Ham have enjoyed an impressive start to the season but they have still been short of goals from their forwards, with Andy Carroll and Carlton Cole yet to score a league goal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Roman Reigns Vs Randy Orton Match Unexciting, Reigns 'Awful Wrestler No Charisma'
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools