Marseille Attacker Andre Ayew Admits Interest in West Ham Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 3:26 AM EST
Marseille forward Andre Ayew has confirmed that he will speak to his agent about a move to West Ham if an official offer arrives from the high-flying London club.
West Ham have enjoyed a terrific start to the season under Sam Allardyce and are currently in seventh place on 19 points, the same as north London rivals Arsenal and two ahead of Tottenham.
With Allardyce preparing for the January transfer window, there have been suggestions West Ham will make an offer for Ayew.
The 22-year-old has carved out a reputation as one of the top players in Ligue 1 after starring for Marseille in the last two seasons, scoring 29 goals in the process.
Despite his relatively young age he is already an established international with 40 caps for Ghana and was a regular for Marseille in the Champions League campaign of 2010/11 when Marseille where in the same group as Manchester United.
His impressive performances alerted a number of European clubs and there speculation that he could leave the Ligue 1 club, however, he eventually signed a new contract which takes him up to the summer of 2015.
Ayew also starred for Ghana at the 2010 World Cup as he helped the Black Stars reach the quarter-finals of the competition before an unfortunate exit literally at the hands of Luis Suarez.
While Ayew has continually been linked with a move to England, he admits that West Ham would be of interest as he would like to test himself in another league.
"We are very interested in playing abroad one day in our career," Ayew told Sky Sports. "There is no official bid from West Ham and if there is a possibility of one arriving, we will speak to our advisors. West Ham are an excellent team."
West Ham have enjoyed an impressive start to the season but they have still been short of goals from their forwards, with Andy Carroll and Carlton Cole yet to score a league goal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29