Marseille Attacker Andre Ayew Admits Interest in West Ham Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 3:26 AM EST
Marseille forward Andre Ayew has confirmed that he will speak to his agent about a move to West Ham if an official offer arrives from the high-flying London club.
West Ham have enjoyed a terrific start to the season under Sam Allardyce and are currently in seventh place on 19 points, the same as north London rivals Arsenal and two ahead of Tottenham.
With Allardyce preparing for the January transfer window, there have been suggestions West Ham will make an offer for Ayew.
The 22-year-old has carved out a reputation as one of the top players in Ligue 1 after starring for Marseille in the last two seasons, scoring 29 goals in the process.
Despite his relatively young age he is already an established international with 40 caps for Ghana and was a regular for Marseille in the Champions League campaign of 2010/11 when Marseille where in the same group as Manchester United.
His impressive performances alerted a number of European clubs and there speculation that he could leave the Ligue 1 club, however, he eventually signed a new contract which takes him up to the summer of 2015.
Ayew also starred for Ghana at the 2010 World Cup as he helped the Black Stars reach the quarter-finals of the competition before an unfortunate exit literally at the hands of Luis Suarez.
While Ayew has continually been linked with a move to England, he admits that West Ham would be of interest as he would like to test himself in another league.
"We are very interested in playing abroad one day in our career," Ayew told Sky Sports. "There is no official bid from West Ham and if there is a possibility of one arriving, we will speak to our advisors. West Ham are an excellent team."
West Ham have enjoyed an impressive start to the season but they have still been short of goals from their forwards, with Andy Carroll and Carlton Cole yet to score a league goal.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed