Morning Copper Market Report
November 22, 2012 2:29 AM EST
Despite upbeat equity markets in China during the overnight session, December copper prices have started off on a weaker footing this morning. Some traders feel that part of the weakness in copper prices might be the result of news of a reduction in Chinese refined copper imports during the month of October, Other traders feel that part of the weakness in copper prices this morning might be the result of ongoing violence in the Middle East and the failure to get aid payments moving to Greece.
Suggestions from Fed Chairman Bernanke yesterday afternoon that the Federal Reserve lacked the tools to deal with the US going over the fiscal cliff were also felt to be a key negative factor for the copper market going into today's trading. Copper prices might have found support from news that Chinese October copper concentrate imports actually rose by 39% versus year-ago levels.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage