Morning Copper Market Report
November 22, 2012 2:29 AM EST
Despite upbeat equity markets in China during the overnight session, December copper prices have started off on a weaker footing this morning. Some traders feel that part of the weakness in copper prices might be the result of news of a reduction in Chinese refined copper imports during the month of October, Other traders feel that part of the weakness in copper prices this morning might be the result of ongoing violence in the Middle East and the failure to get aid payments moving to Greece.
Suggestions from Fed Chairman Bernanke yesterday afternoon that the Federal Reserve lacked the tools to deal with the US going over the fiscal cliff were also felt to be a key negative factor for the copper market going into today's trading. Copper prices might have found support from news that Chinese October copper concentrate imports actually rose by 39% versus year-ago levels.
*Disclaimer: The information in the Market Commentaries was obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but we do not guarantee its accuracy. Neither the information nor any opinion expressed therein constitutes a solicitation of the purchase or sale of any futures or options contracts.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone
- iPhone 6 Plus Phablet Features Only 1 GB RAM