Cocoa, Coffee, Sugar, Orange Juice Prices and Trading
By Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. | November 22, 2012 2:24 AM EST
Ivory Coast to Base Semi-finished-Cocoa Tax on Weight
Ivory Coast, the world's top producer of cocoa beans, is expected to levy its export tax on semi-finished cocoa products based on their equivalent weight in beans, a major international exporter said Tuesday.
Cameroon's Aug-Sep 2012-13 Cocoa Grindings Soar on Year
Cameroon's internal cocoa bean intake for crushing during the first two months of the current season weighed 11,987 tons, almost double the 5,144 tons consumed in the corresponding period last season by the country's two processors, according to data released Tuesday.
Malaysia Cocoa Processing Could Hit 360,000 Tons in 2013
Malaysia could increase its total cocoa processing capacity to 360,000 metric tons next year as a result of a growing appetite for chocolate in Asia, the head of the country's cocoa board said on the sidelines of the world cocoa conference in Abidjan.
Arabica Coffee Futures Shed 5.1% to Hit 29-Month Low
Arabica futures plummeted 5.1% to hit a 29-month low as large global supplies continue to weigh on the market that was trading at multiyear highs 18 months ago.
Technical Special: ICE Coffee Falls to Fresh 2012 Low
ICE December coffee futures tumbled to fresh 2012 lows on , as the bears remain in control amid a primary bear market off the March 2011 price peak.
Green Mountain to Announce Coke's Brian Kelley as New CEO
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. NASDAQ:GMCR Tuesday plans to announce the appointment of a new CEO.
Cameroon's Arabica Coffee Exports Further Up on Year - Industry
Arabica coffee exported from Cameroon during the last 12 months of the concluding 2011-2012 season stood at 3,840 tons, far above the 1,156 tons shipped out of the country during the 2010-2011 season, statistics released by a major industrial body showed.
Arabica Coffee Prices May Fall Further On Brazil Crop
The bank said next year's off-cycle crop may not show as much of a downturn as history suggests-Brazil produces alternating larger and smaller crops-with recent rains in Brazil providing a good environment for flowering.
Cameroon's Robusta Coffee Exports Slip on Year
Cameroon's Robusta Coffee exports slipped in the current season from a year earlier, figures released by the Cocoa & Coffee Inter-professional Board showed.
Vietnam 2012-13 Coffee Output at 1.5M Tons on Poor Weather
Vietnam's 2012-13 coffee production will fall 9% on the year to 1.5 million metric tons, or 24.2 million bags, due to poor weather during the blossoming period, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture'sHanoi attache, despite favorable conditions during the harvest in major growing areas.
Uganda Nov Coffee Exports Seen -12% on Low Yields -UCDA
Uganda's November coffee exports are projected to drop by at least 12%, due to low yields from the ongoing main harvest in the central and eastern regions, as the East African nation continues to grapple with the effects of last year's drought, the state-run Uganda Coffee Development Authority said.
Orange Juice Futures Jump 4.2% to Nearly 2-Month High
Futures of frozen orange-juice concentrate surged to a nearly 2-month high, as winter approaches, whetting appetites for the freeze-sensitive commodity.
Russia Produces 3.356M Tons Sugar From Beet to No 19, Flat on Year
Russia produced 3.356 million metric tons of refined sugar from domestically harvested beet to Nov. 19, compared with 3.358 million tons on the same date last year, the national association of sugar producers Soyuzrossakhar reported.
Ukraine's Sugar Output from Beet Down 15% Vs Year Ago
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr. writes and publishes The Red Roadmaster's Technical Report on the US Major Market Indices, a weekly, highly-regarded financial market letter, read by opinion makers, business leaders and organizations around the world.
Paul A. Ebeling, Jnr has studied the global financial and stock markets since 1984, following a successful business career that included investment banking, and market and business analysis. He is a specialist in equities/commodities, and an accomplished chart reader who advises technicians with regard to Major Indices Resistance/Support Levels.
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday August 28, 2014
- Tokyo Encourages Kids to Invest in Stock Market With Tax-Free Incentives
- Global Markets Overview – August 28, 2014
- Australian Stock Market Report – Morning August 28, 2014
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements