Liverpool Alerted as German Winger Admits Interest in Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 1:47 AM EST
Borssia Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz has admitted that he would be interested in moving to the Premier league, amid reported interest from Liverpool.
The 24-year-old has played an integral part in helping Dortmund win consecutive league titles and has once again been a key performer both domestically and in the Champions League this season.
His performances for Dortmund did not go unnoticed by Germany manager Joachim Loew who handed him his debut in a friendly match against Malta in 2010, and he has gone on to win three caps for his country.
Having been brought up in Dortmund, Grosskreut has always admitted he is a supporter of the club but did admit in an interview in the summer that he would like to play for Liverpool at some point in his career.
"I love Borussia, but I cannot rule anything out," Grosskreutz told Sports Image. "It would be a dream to play for Liverpool at some point. England is a dream for any footballer."
Sky Sports has reported that Liverpool have long been linked with the winger and they believe that scouts will be in attendance to watch him in action against Ajax on Wednesday night in the Champions League.
Liverpool are expected to allow winger Stewart Downing to leave in the January transfer window and will have been pleased to hear Grosskreutz say that he wants to play in England.
"Should I continue with my career in a foreign country at some point, the Premier League of England would be my top priority," Grosskreutz told German newspaper Bild.
"I really like the way football is played over there. I have no concrete thoughts on that. In terms of contracts, my first conversation will be Borussia Dortmund."
Grosskreutz has featured in 11 league games for Dortmund this season and started both Champions League games against Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop