Liverpool Alerted as German Winger Admits Interest in Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 1:47 AM EST
Borssia Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz has admitted that he would be interested in moving to the Premier league, amid reported interest from Liverpool.
The 24-year-old has played an integral part in helping Dortmund win consecutive league titles and has once again been a key performer both domestically and in the Champions League this season.
His performances for Dortmund did not go unnoticed by Germany manager Joachim Loew who handed him his debut in a friendly match against Malta in 2010, and he has gone on to win three caps for his country.
Having been brought up in Dortmund, Grosskreut has always admitted he is a supporter of the club but did admit in an interview in the summer that he would like to play for Liverpool at some point in his career.
"I love Borussia, but I cannot rule anything out," Grosskreutz told Sports Image. "It would be a dream to play for Liverpool at some point. England is a dream for any footballer."
Sky Sports has reported that Liverpool have long been linked with the winger and they believe that scouts will be in attendance to watch him in action against Ajax on Wednesday night in the Champions League.
Liverpool are expected to allow winger Stewart Downing to leave in the January transfer window and will have been pleased to hear Grosskreutz say that he wants to play in England.
"Should I continue with my career in a foreign country at some point, the Premier League of England would be my top priority," Grosskreutz told German newspaper Bild.
"I really like the way football is played over there. I have no concrete thoughts on that. In terms of contracts, my first conversation will be Borussia Dortmund."
Grosskreutz has featured in 11 league games for Dortmund this season and started both Champions League games against Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown