Liverpool Alerted as German Winger Admits Interest in Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 1:47 AM EST
Borssia Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz has admitted that he would be interested in moving to the Premier league, amid reported interest from Liverpool.
The 24-year-old has played an integral part in helping Dortmund win consecutive league titles and has once again been a key performer both domestically and in the Champions League this season.
His performances for Dortmund did not go unnoticed by Germany manager Joachim Loew who handed him his debut in a friendly match against Malta in 2010, and he has gone on to win three caps for his country.
Having been brought up in Dortmund, Grosskreut has always admitted he is a supporter of the club but did admit in an interview in the summer that he would like to play for Liverpool at some point in his career.
"I love Borussia, but I cannot rule anything out," Grosskreutz told Sports Image. "It would be a dream to play for Liverpool at some point. England is a dream for any footballer."
Sky Sports has reported that Liverpool have long been linked with the winger and they believe that scouts will be in attendance to watch him in action against Ajax on Wednesday night in the Champions League.
Liverpool are expected to allow winger Stewart Downing to leave in the January transfer window and will have been pleased to hear Grosskreutz say that he wants to play in England.
"Should I continue with my career in a foreign country at some point, the Premier League of England would be my top priority," Grosskreutz told German newspaper Bild.
"I really like the way football is played over there. I have no concrete thoughts on that. In terms of contracts, my first conversation will be Borussia Dortmund."
Grosskreutz has featured in 11 league games for Dortmund this season and started both Champions League games against Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal