Liverpool Alerted as German Winger Admits Interest in Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 1:47 AM EST
Borssia Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz has admitted that he would be interested in moving to the Premier league, amid reported interest from Liverpool.
The 24-year-old has played an integral part in helping Dortmund win consecutive league titles and has once again been a key performer both domestically and in the Champions League this season.
His performances for Dortmund did not go unnoticed by Germany manager Joachim Loew who handed him his debut in a friendly match against Malta in 2010, and he has gone on to win three caps for his country.
Having been brought up in Dortmund, Grosskreut has always admitted he is a supporter of the club but did admit in an interview in the summer that he would like to play for Liverpool at some point in his career.
"I love Borussia, but I cannot rule anything out," Grosskreutz told Sports Image. "It would be a dream to play for Liverpool at some point. England is a dream for any footballer."
Sky Sports has reported that Liverpool have long been linked with the winger and they believe that scouts will be in attendance to watch him in action against Ajax on Wednesday night in the Champions League.
Liverpool are expected to allow winger Stewart Downing to leave in the January transfer window and will have been pleased to hear Grosskreutz say that he wants to play in England.
"Should I continue with my career in a foreign country at some point, the Premier League of England would be my top priority," Grosskreutz told German newspaper Bild.
"I really like the way football is played over there. I have no concrete thoughts on that. In terms of contracts, my first conversation will be Borussia Dortmund."
Grosskreutz has featured in 11 league games for Dortmund this season and started both Champions League games against Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia