Liverpool Alerted as German Winger Admits Interest in Premier League Move
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 1:47 AM EST
Borssia Dortmund winger Kevin Grosskreutz has admitted that he would be interested in moving to the Premier league, amid reported interest from Liverpool.
The 24-year-old has played an integral part in helping Dortmund win consecutive league titles and has once again been a key performer both domestically and in the Champions League this season.
His performances for Dortmund did not go unnoticed by Germany manager Joachim Loew who handed him his debut in a friendly match against Malta in 2010, and he has gone on to win three caps for his country.
Having been brought up in Dortmund, Grosskreut has always admitted he is a supporter of the club but did admit in an interview in the summer that he would like to play for Liverpool at some point in his career.
"I love Borussia, but I cannot rule anything out," Grosskreutz told Sports Image. "It would be a dream to play for Liverpool at some point. England is a dream for any footballer."
Sky Sports has reported that Liverpool have long been linked with the winger and they believe that scouts will be in attendance to watch him in action against Ajax on Wednesday night in the Champions League.
Liverpool are expected to allow winger Stewart Downing to leave in the January transfer window and will have been pleased to hear Grosskreutz say that he wants to play in England.
"Should I continue with my career in a foreign country at some point, the Premier League of England would be my top priority," Grosskreutz told German newspaper Bild.
"I really like the way football is played over there. I have no concrete thoughts on that. In terms of contracts, my first conversation will be Borussia Dortmund."
Grosskreutz has featured in 11 league games for Dortmund this season and started both Champions League games against Real Madrid.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists