Arsenal’s Injury Plagued Midfielder Wanted by Roma in January – Report
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 12:58 AM EST
Roma are prepared to test the patience of Arsenal by making an offer for midfielder Tomas Rosicky who has struggled with injuries throughout his spell in north London.
The Czech Republic international has found his Arsenal career punctuated with injuries during his seven seasons at the Emirates and has never managed to make more than 30 appearances in a single season since joining from Borussia Dortmund.
Rosicky missed the entire 2008/09 season due to a hamstring tendon injury which eventually ruled him out of action for 18 months. Having begun to show glimpses of his undoubted talent last season, the 32-year-old has once again been forced out through injury and has not featured at all this season.
This time it is an Achilles tendon injury which is preventing him from appearing from Arsenal and, according to Talksport, manager Arsene Wenger is now prepared to listen to offers in during the January transfer window.
The Italian side are currently sixth in Serie A and manager Zdeněk Zeman is keen to add to his squad in the New Year as he attempts to secure Champions League football for next season.
Talksport believe that Roma would be prepared to make an offer in the region of £5million as they suspect that Wenger will try to offload a player who has struggled to find his best form in his time at Arsenal.
Despite his numerous injury problems, Rosicky has still be able to impress when fully fit and was twice voted the Arsenal player of the month in March and April of last season when he helped the club secure a third place finish.
Arsenal do have alternative options to the former Dortmund midfielder after signing Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla in the summer, while the returning Jack Wilshere will also play a major part now he is back to full fitness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation