Arsenal’s Injury Plagued Midfielder Wanted by Roma in January – Report
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 12:58 AM EST
Roma are prepared to test the patience of Arsenal by making an offer for midfielder Tomas Rosicky who has struggled with injuries throughout his spell in north London.
The Czech Republic international has found his Arsenal career punctuated with injuries during his seven seasons at the Emirates and has never managed to make more than 30 appearances in a single season since joining from Borussia Dortmund.
Rosicky missed the entire 2008/09 season due to a hamstring tendon injury which eventually ruled him out of action for 18 months. Having begun to show glimpses of his undoubted talent last season, the 32-year-old has once again been forced out through injury and has not featured at all this season.
This time it is an Achilles tendon injury which is preventing him from appearing from Arsenal and, according to Talksport, manager Arsene Wenger is now prepared to listen to offers in during the January transfer window.
The Italian side are currently sixth in Serie A and manager Zdeněk Zeman is keen to add to his squad in the New Year as he attempts to secure Champions League football for next season.
Talksport believe that Roma would be prepared to make an offer in the region of £5million as they suspect that Wenger will try to offload a player who has struggled to find his best form in his time at Arsenal.
Despite his numerous injury problems, Rosicky has still be able to impress when fully fit and was twice voted the Arsenal player of the month in March and April of last season when he helped the club secure a third place finish.
Arsenal do have alternative options to the former Dortmund midfielder after signing Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla in the summer, while the returning Jack Wilshere will also play a major part now he is back to full fitness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales