Arsenal’s Injury Plagued Midfielder Wanted by Roma in January – Report
By Adrian Back | November 22, 2012 12:58 AM EST
Roma are prepared to test the patience of Arsenal by making an offer for midfielder Tomas Rosicky who has struggled with injuries throughout his spell in north London.
The Czech Republic international has found his Arsenal career punctuated with injuries during his seven seasons at the Emirates and has never managed to make more than 30 appearances in a single season since joining from Borussia Dortmund.
Rosicky missed the entire 2008/09 season due to a hamstring tendon injury which eventually ruled him out of action for 18 months. Having begun to show glimpses of his undoubted talent last season, the 32-year-old has once again been forced out through injury and has not featured at all this season.
This time it is an Achilles tendon injury which is preventing him from appearing from Arsenal and, according to Talksport, manager Arsene Wenger is now prepared to listen to offers in during the January transfer window.
The Italian side are currently sixth in Serie A and manager Zdeněk Zeman is keen to add to his squad in the New Year as he attempts to secure Champions League football for next season.
Talksport believe that Roma would be prepared to make an offer in the region of £5million as they suspect that Wenger will try to offload a player who has struggled to find his best form in his time at Arsenal.
Despite his numerous injury problems, Rosicky has still be able to impress when fully fit and was twice voted the Arsenal player of the month in March and April of last season when he helped the club secure a third place finish.
Arsenal do have alternative options to the former Dortmund midfielder after signing Lukas Podolski and Santi Cazorla in the summer, while the returning Jack Wilshere will also play a major part now he is back to full fitness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS