Man Plunges to Death in 'Suspicious' Ladbroke Grove Incident
By Dominic Gover | November 21, 2012 11:27 PM EST
A man has been killed in what appears to have been a fall from a flat in Ladbroke Grove, west London.
Shaka Wilmot, 39, was found at the bottom of a block of flats on Chesterton Road last weekend. He was rushed to nearby St Mary's hospital but died of his injuries later.
A 51-year-old woman and a 24-year-old man were arrested hours later in connection with his death. They were bailed until January 3, next year.
Police are appealing for three people who they believe were inside the building when Wilmot plunged from the second floor to come forward.
A Scotland Yard spokesman described the trio as a black man, a black woman and a mixed race woman.
Detective Chief Inspector Charles King, from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said: "We don't know how the victim came to fall from the window which is why we are particularly appealing for those who were with him to come forward and help. We believe we know the identify of one of the women inside the flat.
"The incident is being treated as suspicious at this stage but we need to piece together the events that led to this man's death. If you can assist please contact us."
Call the incident room on 0208 721 4054. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Has ‘Strict Style Guide,’ Expected To Wear Winter Wardrobes During Pregnancy
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Bizarre Sex Abuse: Man Licks Woman’s Foot in Canada, Runs Away With Her Shoe
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James