Ajmal Kasab a Victim of Dengue or Was He Hanged till Death?
By Ankita Mehta | November 21, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Soon after the news of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab's hanging was announced, several people started raising questions about the government's secrecy over his execution.
Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist from the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was secretly hanged at Pune's Yerwada central prison at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday and his body was buried on the jail premises.
While several people, including the victims' families supported the decision, many have raised doubts on the social networking sites asking whether the terrorist was actually hanged or he died of dengue.
The rumor of Kasab dying of dengue has become a hot topic of discussion on Twitter.
Here are a few tweets from people who said that the gunman actually died of dengue:
"@bhs7rocks: I doubt whether Kasab died of dengue or was hanged !! i want to believe the latter though !!"
"@RupaSubramanya: Did Kasab not have dengue few days ago? What's Indian law on executing someone who's not 100% healthy i.e. if he didn't recover fully?"
"@RiteshSeth: What if Kasab died of Dengue and Govt is just taking the credits of the mosquito?"
Earlier this month, there were reports suggesting that Kasab was detected with dengue and he was down with high fever in Arthur Road Jail. But a team of doctors from JJ Hospital, who treated Kasab, said that he was not suffering from dengue.
"Kasab underwent tests inside his high-security cell by doctors from JJ Hospital to check for symptoms of malaria and dengue. The tests were negative. He was running high fever and had been weak for two days. However, the tests clearly show that he had normal fever and that he had not contracted any disease," the Indian Express quoted Arthur Road Jail superintendent Suresh Karnik as saying.
People have also asked why authorities have not revealed any photo of the Kasab's body. Mystery also remains as what prompted the government to take the action all on a sudden.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Top 5 Halloween 2014 Costume Ideas For Teen Boys
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy