Ajmal Kasab a Victim of Dengue or Was He Hanged till Death?
By Ankita Mehta | November 21, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Soon after the news of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab's hanging was announced, several people started raising questions about the government's secrecy over his execution.
Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist from the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was secretly hanged at Pune's Yerwada central prison at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday and his body was buried on the jail premises.
While several people, including the victims' families supported the decision, many have raised doubts on the social networking sites asking whether the terrorist was actually hanged or he died of dengue.
The rumor of Kasab dying of dengue has become a hot topic of discussion on Twitter.
Here are a few tweets from people who said that the gunman actually died of dengue:
"@bhs7rocks: I doubt whether Kasab died of dengue or was hanged !! i want to believe the latter though !!"
"@RupaSubramanya: Did Kasab not have dengue few days ago? What's Indian law on executing someone who's not 100% healthy i.e. if he didn't recover fully?"
"@RiteshSeth: What if Kasab died of Dengue and Govt is just taking the credits of the mosquito?"
Earlier this month, there were reports suggesting that Kasab was detected with dengue and he was down with high fever in Arthur Road Jail. But a team of doctors from JJ Hospital, who treated Kasab, said that he was not suffering from dengue.
"Kasab underwent tests inside his high-security cell by doctors from JJ Hospital to check for symptoms of malaria and dengue. The tests were negative. He was running high fever and had been weak for two days. However, the tests clearly show that he had normal fever and that he had not contracted any disease," the Indian Express quoted Arthur Road Jail superintendent Suresh Karnik as saying.
People have also asked why authorities have not revealed any photo of the Kasab's body. Mystery also remains as what prompted the government to take the action all on a sudden.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Naked Russian Artist Strikes Anew, Cuts Off Earlobes To Protest Return Of Soviet-Era Policies
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery