Ajmal Kasab a Victim of Dengue or Was He Hanged till Death?
By Ankita Mehta | November 21, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Soon after the news of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab's hanging was announced, several people started raising questions about the government's secrecy over his execution.
Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist from the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was secretly hanged at Pune's Yerwada central prison at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday and his body was buried on the jail premises.
While several people, including the victims' families supported the decision, many have raised doubts on the social networking sites asking whether the terrorist was actually hanged or he died of dengue.
The rumor of Kasab dying of dengue has become a hot topic of discussion on Twitter.
Here are a few tweets from people who said that the gunman actually died of dengue:
"@bhs7rocks: I doubt whether Kasab died of dengue or was hanged !! i want to believe the latter though !!"
"@RupaSubramanya: Did Kasab not have dengue few days ago? What's Indian law on executing someone who's not 100% healthy i.e. if he didn't recover fully?"
"@RiteshSeth: What if Kasab died of Dengue and Govt is just taking the credits of the mosquito?"
Earlier this month, there were reports suggesting that Kasab was detected with dengue and he was down with high fever in Arthur Road Jail. But a team of doctors from JJ Hospital, who treated Kasab, said that he was not suffering from dengue.
"Kasab underwent tests inside his high-security cell by doctors from JJ Hospital to check for symptoms of malaria and dengue. The tests were negative. He was running high fever and had been weak for two days. However, the tests clearly show that he had normal fever and that he had not contracted any disease," the Indian Express quoted Arthur Road Jail superintendent Suresh Karnik as saying.
People have also asked why authorities have not revealed any photo of the Kasab's body. Mystery also remains as what prompted the government to take the action all on a sudden.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Pregnant Kate Middleton Wants To Have A Big Family With ‘Five Children’ At Anmer Hall Residence- Reports
- ISIS European Teen Jihadists Allegedly Pregnant; New Zealand Silent On Kiwi Jihadist's Request To Return Home
- New Zealand Scientists Dissect Well-Preserved Female Colossal Squid [VIDEO]
- ISIS Murder Videos 'Turning On' Foreign Jihadists To Fight US and Britain [VIDEO]
- 24-year-old Playboy Model Marries 81-year-old Construction Tycoon Richard Lugner
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Who Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers