Ajmal Kasab a Victim of Dengue or Was He Hanged till Death?
By Ankita Mehta | November 21, 2012 10:10 PM EST
Soon after the news of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab's hanging was announced, several people started raising questions about the government's secrecy over his execution.
Kasab, the lone surviving terrorist from the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, was secretly hanged at Pune's Yerwada central prison at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday and his body was buried on the jail premises.
While several people, including the victims' families supported the decision, many have raised doubts on the social networking sites asking whether the terrorist was actually hanged or he died of dengue.
The rumor of Kasab dying of dengue has become a hot topic of discussion on Twitter.
Here are a few tweets from people who said that the gunman actually died of dengue:
"@bhs7rocks: I doubt whether Kasab died of dengue or was hanged !! i want to believe the latter though !!"
"@RupaSubramanya: Did Kasab not have dengue few days ago? What's Indian law on executing someone who's not 100% healthy i.e. if he didn't recover fully?"
"@RiteshSeth: What if Kasab died of Dengue and Govt is just taking the credits of the mosquito?"
Earlier this month, there were reports suggesting that Kasab was detected with dengue and he was down with high fever in Arthur Road Jail. But a team of doctors from JJ Hospital, who treated Kasab, said that he was not suffering from dengue.
"Kasab underwent tests inside his high-security cell by doctors from JJ Hospital to check for symptoms of malaria and dengue. The tests were negative. He was running high fever and had been weak for two days. However, the tests clearly show that he had normal fever and that he had not contracted any disease," the Indian Express quoted Arthur Road Jail superintendent Suresh Karnik as saying.
People have also asked why authorities have not revealed any photo of the Kasab's body. Mystery also remains as what prompted the government to take the action all on a sudden.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Japanese Whalers End Pacific Hunt with 115 Whales Dead and No Disruption from Sea Shepherd
- Viral Video Cyring Sadie: 5-Year-Old Little Girl Does Not Want Her Baby Brother to Grow Up [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Watch the MH17 Plane Missile Hit Video Tape in Mobile' Goes Viral on Facebook
- Australia Ranks High in Human Development Index But Scores Low in Climate Change
- New Zealand Drafts IWC Resolution to Stop Japanese Whalers from Hunting in 2015
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers