EU Morning Report - EUR is collapsing
By NikolasX | November 21, 2012 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is falling across the board against most of its major counterparts, as the eurogroup meeting failed to arrive at an agreement on Greece. This comes one day after Moody’s lowered France’s rating by a single notch from AAA to AA1. The eurogroup is now scheduled to meet again on Monday. The Australian dollar (AUD) is weakening for a second day as the minutes from the latest meeting of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) were revealed, showing that the policy board continue to favour easing. Market participants should closely monitor the release of the Bank of England (BoE) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) minutes from their latest meeting.
§ The euro (EUR) recorded a weekly low at1.2736 versus the US dollar (USD) overnight following the news on the failure to reach a deal on Greece.
§ OIL is plummeting ahead of the Crude Oil Inventories release later today after it had been rising on the back of the tensions in the Middle East.
§ Gold (XAU) and Silver (XAG) dropped against the US dollar (USD) as the greenback strengthened following commentary by Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke where he openly pressed politicians to resolve the “fiscal cliff” crisis.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2760||LONG @ 1.2760||49% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.05||LONG @ 81.05||36% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5890||LONG @ 1.5890||51% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0395||SHORT @ 1.0381||36% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1717||LONG @ 1720||49% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||84.90||LONG @ 84.90||50% of deals buy OIL|
|.||GBP||09:30||BoE MPC lending rate votes (hike-unchanged-cut)||0-9-0|
|.||USD||13:30||Initial Jobless Claims||410 k|
|.||USD||14:55||University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment||84.5|
GER 30 (DAX) carried on its rebound off Friday’s low, when it temporarily broke below the 7000 support. The German equities index rose to 7170, a 2.51% appreciation so far this week. It looks a bit soft early in the EU session today; however minor retracement should be expected.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate