EU Morning Report - EUR is collapsing
By NikolasX | November 21, 2012 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is falling across the board against most of its major counterparts, as the eurogroup meeting failed to arrive at an agreement on Greece. This comes one day after Moody’s lowered France’s rating by a single notch from AAA to AA1. The eurogroup is now scheduled to meet again on Monday. The Australian dollar (AUD) is weakening for a second day as the minutes from the latest meeting of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) were revealed, showing that the policy board continue to favour easing. Market participants should closely monitor the release of the Bank of England (BoE) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) minutes from their latest meeting.
§ The euro (EUR) recorded a weekly low at1.2736 versus the US dollar (USD) overnight following the news on the failure to reach a deal on Greece.
§ OIL is plummeting ahead of the Crude Oil Inventories release later today after it had been rising on the back of the tensions in the Middle East.
§ Gold (XAU) and Silver (XAG) dropped against the US dollar (USD) as the greenback strengthened following commentary by Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke where he openly pressed politicians to resolve the “fiscal cliff” crisis.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2760||LONG @ 1.2760||49% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.05||LONG @ 81.05||36% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5890||LONG @ 1.5890||51% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0395||SHORT @ 1.0381||36% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1717||LONG @ 1720||49% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||84.90||LONG @ 84.90||50% of deals buy OIL|
|.||GBP||09:30||BoE MPC lending rate votes (hike-unchanged-cut)||0-9-0|
|.||USD||13:30||Initial Jobless Claims||410 k|
|.||USD||14:55||University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment||84.5|
GER 30 (DAX) carried on its rebound off Friday’s low, when it temporarily broke below the 7000 support. The German equities index rose to 7170, a 2.51% appreciation so far this week. It looks a bit soft early in the EU session today; however minor retracement should be expected.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date