EU Morning Report - EUR is collapsing
By NikolasX | November 21, 2012 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is falling across the board against most of its major counterparts, as the eurogroup meeting failed to arrive at an agreement on Greece. This comes one day after Moody’s lowered France’s rating by a single notch from AAA to AA1. The eurogroup is now scheduled to meet again on Monday. The Australian dollar (AUD) is weakening for a second day as the minutes from the latest meeting of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) were revealed, showing that the policy board continue to favour easing. Market participants should closely monitor the release of the Bank of England (BoE) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) minutes from their latest meeting.
§ The euro (EUR) recorded a weekly low at1.2736 versus the US dollar (USD) overnight following the news on the failure to reach a deal on Greece.
§ OIL is plummeting ahead of the Crude Oil Inventories release later today after it had been rising on the back of the tensions in the Middle East.
§ Gold (XAU) and Silver (XAG) dropped against the US dollar (USD) as the greenback strengthened following commentary by Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke where he openly pressed politicians to resolve the “fiscal cliff” crisis.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2760||LONG @ 1.2760||49% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.05||LONG @ 81.05||36% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5890||LONG @ 1.5890||51% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0395||SHORT @ 1.0381||36% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1717||LONG @ 1720||49% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||84.90||LONG @ 84.90||50% of deals buy OIL|
|.||GBP||09:30||BoE MPC lending rate votes (hike-unchanged-cut)||0-9-0|
|.||USD||13:30||Initial Jobless Claims||410 k|
|.||USD||14:55||University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment||84.5|
GER 30 (DAX) carried on its rebound off Friday’s low, when it temporarily broke below the 7000 support. The German equities index rose to 7170, a 2.51% appreciation so far this week. It looks a bit soft early in the EU session today; however minor retracement should be expected.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal