EU Morning Report - EUR is collapsing
By NikolasX | November 21, 2012 8:28 PM EST
The euro (EUR) is falling across the board against most of its major counterparts, as the eurogroup meeting failed to arrive at an agreement on Greece. This comes one day after Moody’s lowered France’s rating by a single notch from AAA to AA1. The eurogroup is now scheduled to meet again on Monday. The Australian dollar (AUD) is weakening for a second day as the minutes from the latest meeting of the Reserve Bank of Australia (RBA) were revealed, showing that the policy board continue to favour easing. Market participants should closely monitor the release of the Bank of England (BoE) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) minutes from their latest meeting.
§ The euro (EUR) recorded a weekly low at1.2736 versus the US dollar (USD) overnight following the news on the failure to reach a deal on Greece.
§ OIL is plummeting ahead of the Crude Oil Inventories release later today after it had been rising on the back of the tensions in the Middle East.
§ Gold (XAU) and Silver (XAG) dropped against the US dollar (USD) as the greenback strengthened following commentary by Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke where he openly pressed politicians to resolve the “fiscal cliff” crisis.
Stay in tune throughout the day with foreign exchange bullets!
|.||EURUSD||1.2760||LONG @ 1.2760||49% of deals buy EUR|
|.||USDJPY||81.05||LONG @ 81.05||36% of deals buy USD|
|.||GBPUSD||1.5890||LONG @ 1.5890||51% of deals buy GBP|
|.||AUDUSD||1.0395||SHORT @ 1.0381||36% of deals buy AUD|
|.||GOLD||1717||LONG @ 1720||49% of deals buy GOLD|
|.||OIL||84.90||LONG @ 84.90||50% of deals buy OIL|
|.||GBP||09:30||BoE MPC lending rate votes (hike-unchanged-cut)||0-9-0|
|.||USD||13:30||Initial Jobless Claims||410 k|
|.||USD||14:55||University of Michigan Consumer Sentiment||84.5|
GER 30 (DAX) carried on its rebound off Friday’s low, when it temporarily broke below the 7000 support. The German equities index rose to 7170, a 2.51% appreciation so far this week. It looks a bit soft early in the EU session today; however minor retracement should be expected.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People