West Ham and PSG Show Their Hand Over Beckham Move
By Nick Howson | November 21, 2012 8:26 PM EST
West Ham United co-owner David Gold says the signing of David Beckham would be a significant breakthrough in their hopes to secure the Olympic Stadium.
Beckham, who seeking a new challenge after confirming on Tuesday he would leave La Galaxy following the MLS Cup final, played a leading role in London's successful bid for the 2012 Olympic Games.
"He was an ambassador for the London 2012 bid and it would be a fantastic statement if he came to us," Hammers co-owner Gold said. "He's an East End boy and it would be a fitting end to his career.
"We've also been mindful of his value as an ambassador to help us secure the Olympic Stadium."
Speaking during Tuesday's conference in Los Angeles, Beckham revealed he has already been inundated with 'exciting options'.
"I have some exciting options on the table," Beckham admitted. "I haven't decided where we (family) might go next but I still feel I have something left in the game to give.
"I made the decision [on leaving the MLS] a few weeks back. I thought about announcing it then but it was not the right time because we were still in the playoffs.
"My decision will be made in December or in the New Year and I still feel I have one more challenge in me as a player."
Among those potential suitors for the 37 year old are Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint Germain, currently led by Italian boss Carlo Ancelotti, who brought Beckham to AC Mian on loan in 2009.
However, the former Chelsea boss says a move for Beckham is unlikely and that PSG are not among the clubs who have moved for the midfielder.
"We haven't made an offer, good luck to him," Ancelotti said.
Beckham will bring the curtain down on his six-year career in America when La Galaxy take on Houston Dynamo in the MLS Cup final on 1 December.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Amir Khan Says Algieri Doesn’t Have What It Takes To Beat Pacquiao; Khan Reportedly A Top Contender For Mayweather Jr.’s Next Fight Says Mayweather Sr
- Boxing News 2014: Nevada Commission Summons Mayweather Over Reports Of Marijuana Use In Mansion & No Rest Breaks In Gym
- NFL Week 3: Washington Redskins Vs. Philadelphia Eagles Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Manchester United Transfer News: Van Gaal Hits Back At Guardiola Claiming Every Player He Spoke To Wants Old Trafford Move
- Manchester United: Van Gaal Warns Stars That He Will Willingly Bench Them
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional