West Ham and PSG Show Their Hand Over Beckham Move
By Nick Howson | November 21, 2012 8:26 PM EST
West Ham United co-owner David Gold says the signing of David Beckham would be a significant breakthrough in their hopes to secure the Olympic Stadium.
Beckham, who seeking a new challenge after confirming on Tuesday he would leave La Galaxy following the MLS Cup final, played a leading role in London's successful bid for the 2012 Olympic Games.
"He was an ambassador for the London 2012 bid and it would be a fantastic statement if he came to us," Hammers co-owner Gold said. "He's an East End boy and it would be a fitting end to his career.
"We've also been mindful of his value as an ambassador to help us secure the Olympic Stadium."
Speaking during Tuesday's conference in Los Angeles, Beckham revealed he has already been inundated with 'exciting options'.
"I have some exciting options on the table," Beckham admitted. "I haven't decided where we (family) might go next but I still feel I have something left in the game to give.
"I made the decision [on leaving the MLS] a few weeks back. I thought about announcing it then but it was not the right time because we were still in the playoffs.
"My decision will be made in December or in the New Year and I still feel I have one more challenge in me as a player."
Among those potential suitors for the 37 year old are Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint Germain, currently led by Italian boss Carlo Ancelotti, who brought Beckham to AC Mian on loan in 2009.
However, the former Chelsea boss says a move for Beckham is unlikely and that PSG are not among the clubs who have moved for the midfielder.
"We haven't made an offer, good luck to him," Ancelotti said.
Beckham will bring the curtain down on his six-year career in America when La Galaxy take on Houston Dynamo in the MLS Cup final on 1 December.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales