West Ham and PSG Show Their Hand Over Beckham Move
By Nick Howson | November 21, 2012 8:26 PM EST
West Ham United co-owner David Gold says the signing of David Beckham would be a significant breakthrough in their hopes to secure the Olympic Stadium.
Beckham, who seeking a new challenge after confirming on Tuesday he would leave La Galaxy following the MLS Cup final, played a leading role in London's successful bid for the 2012 Olympic Games.
"He was an ambassador for the London 2012 bid and it would be a fantastic statement if he came to us," Hammers co-owner Gold said. "He's an East End boy and it would be a fitting end to his career.
"We've also been mindful of his value as an ambassador to help us secure the Olympic Stadium."
Speaking during Tuesday's conference in Los Angeles, Beckham revealed he has already been inundated with 'exciting options'.
"I have some exciting options on the table," Beckham admitted. "I haven't decided where we (family) might go next but I still feel I have something left in the game to give.
"I made the decision [on leaving the MLS] a few weeks back. I thought about announcing it then but it was not the right time because we were still in the playoffs.
"My decision will be made in December or in the New Year and I still feel I have one more challenge in me as a player."
Among those potential suitors for the 37 year old are Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint Germain, currently led by Italian boss Carlo Ancelotti, who brought Beckham to AC Mian on loan in 2009.
However, the former Chelsea boss says a move for Beckham is unlikely and that PSG are not among the clubs who have moved for the midfielder.
"We haven't made an offer, good luck to him," Ancelotti said.
Beckham will bring the curtain down on his six-year career in America when La Galaxy take on Houston Dynamo in the MLS Cup final on 1 December.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks