West Ham and PSG Show Their Hand Over Beckham Move
By Nick Howson | November 21, 2012 8:26 PM EST
West Ham United co-owner David Gold says the signing of David Beckham would be a significant breakthrough in their hopes to secure the Olympic Stadium.
Beckham, who seeking a new challenge after confirming on Tuesday he would leave La Galaxy following the MLS Cup final, played a leading role in London's successful bid for the 2012 Olympic Games.
"He was an ambassador for the London 2012 bid and it would be a fantastic statement if he came to us," Hammers co-owner Gold said. "He's an East End boy and it would be a fitting end to his career.
"We've also been mindful of his value as an ambassador to help us secure the Olympic Stadium."
Speaking during Tuesday's conference in Los Angeles, Beckham revealed he has already been inundated with 'exciting options'.
"I have some exciting options on the table," Beckham admitted. "I haven't decided where we (family) might go next but I still feel I have something left in the game to give.
"I made the decision [on leaving the MLS] a few weeks back. I thought about announcing it then but it was not the right time because we were still in the playoffs.
"My decision will be made in December or in the New Year and I still feel I have one more challenge in me as a player."
Among those potential suitors for the 37 year old are Ligue 1 leaders Paris Saint Germain, currently led by Italian boss Carlo Ancelotti, who brought Beckham to AC Mian on loan in 2009.
However, the former Chelsea boss says a move for Beckham is unlikely and that PSG are not among the clubs who have moved for the midfielder.
"We haven't made an offer, good luck to him," Ancelotti said.
Beckham will bring the curtain down on his six-year career in America when La Galaxy take on Houston Dynamo in the MLS Cup final on 1 December.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia