Man Knocks 16-Year-Old Girl Unconscious in Unprovoked Plaistow Attack [VIDEO]
By Hannah Osborne | November 21, 2012 7:59 PM EST
A man knocked a 16-year-old girl unconscious in an "unprovoked attack" just 500 metres from her home in Plaistow, London.
Police are appealing for information about the attacker, who hit the teenager from behind outside the Black Lion pub at around 12.30pm on 13 November.
CCTV footage of the attack shows the man hit the girl to the ground, leaving her unconscious, after which he turned around and jogged away.
An ambulance was called and she was taken to hospital, where she was treated for bruising to the head and cuts to the face.
A Metropolitan police spokesman said: "At about 12.30pm that day, a male suspect followed a 16-year-old girl from her home address for approximately 500 metres and when he was near the Black Lion public house he ran up behind her and threw a punch to her head.
"This was an unprovoked attack. The victim fell to ground and was unconscious. After the assault the suspect turned around and jogged back towards Green Gate Street."
The attacker is described as black, of muscular build with a shaven head, wearing a baseball jacket and jeans. He is around six feet tall and is aged between 25 and 30.
Anyone with information is being asked to contact detectives at Newham Violent Crime Unit on 020 8217 5890 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan