Fiona Apple Cancels South American Tour to be with Dying Dog
By camille banzon | November 21, 2012 5:15 PM EST
Singer, Fiona Apple, wrote a letter for her fans in South America, revealing a very personal reason why she won't be able to push through with an upcoming tour.
The alternative singer, who maintains a solid fan base all over the world since her break-out in the 90's, posted scanned photos of a letter she has handwritten for fans in South America in her Facebook page. She stated that her pitbull, Janet, is suffering from a worsening condition and that she felt it wouldn't be right to be away from her dog at the moment.
In the heart-wrenching letter, the singer tells how close she has become to this dog, and since Janet was diagnosed with Addison's disease, she has been showing signs of weakness.
"Janet has been the most consistent relationship of my adult life, and that is just a fact. We've lived in numerous houses, and jumped a few make shift families, but it's always really been the two of us." writes the singer.
"She slept in bed with me, her head on the pillow, and she accepted my hysterical, tearful face into her chest, with her paws around me, every time I was heartbroken, or spirit-broken, or just lost, and as years went by, she let me take the role of her child, as I fell asleep, with her chin resting above my head." she continues.
Fiona, who has a special relationship with her fans because of her intensely painful and relatable songwriting, first became a hit after the release of her 1996 record, 'Tidal.' Her deep voice, skillful playing of the piano, and songs that appeal to "outsiders" made her an instant icon. Her latest record, 'The Idler Wheel...' is raved by top critics and declared as a powerful comeback album.
"I just can't leave her now, please understand. If I go away again, I'm afraid she'll die and I won't have the honor of singing her to sleep, of escorting her out."
"Because it will be the most beautiful, the most intense, the most enriching experience of life I've ever known.
When she dies.
So I am staying home, and I am listening to her snore and wheeze, and reveling in the swampiest, most awful breath that ever emanated from an angel.
And I am asking for your blessing." beautifully said Fiona her heart-tugging note.
Fiona is supposed to kick-start her South American tour on Nov. 27 in Porto Alegre, Brazil before moving on to Argentina and Mexico. Fans will have to wait a little longer and pray for this trying part of the singer's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2: Jessica Talks After Her Shocking Elimination
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes