Fiona Apple Cancels South American Tour to be with Dying Dog
By camille banzon | November 21, 2012 5:15 PM EST
Singer, Fiona Apple, wrote a letter for her fans in South America, revealing a very personal reason why she won't be able to push through with an upcoming tour.
The alternative singer, who maintains a solid fan base all over the world since her break-out in the 90's, posted scanned photos of a letter she has handwritten for fans in South America in her Facebook page. She stated that her pitbull, Janet, is suffering from a worsening condition and that she felt it wouldn't be right to be away from her dog at the moment.
In the heart-wrenching letter, the singer tells how close she has become to this dog, and since Janet was diagnosed with Addison's disease, she has been showing signs of weakness.
"Janet has been the most consistent relationship of my adult life, and that is just a fact. We've lived in numerous houses, and jumped a few make shift families, but it's always really been the two of us." writes the singer.
"She slept in bed with me, her head on the pillow, and she accepted my hysterical, tearful face into her chest, with her paws around me, every time I was heartbroken, or spirit-broken, or just lost, and as years went by, she let me take the role of her child, as I fell asleep, with her chin resting above my head." she continues.
Fiona, who has a special relationship with her fans because of her intensely painful and relatable songwriting, first became a hit after the release of her 1996 record, 'Tidal.' Her deep voice, skillful playing of the piano, and songs that appeal to "outsiders" made her an instant icon. Her latest record, 'The Idler Wheel...' is raved by top critics and declared as a powerful comeback album.
"I just can't leave her now, please understand. If I go away again, I'm afraid she'll die and I won't have the honor of singing her to sleep, of escorting her out."
"Because it will be the most beautiful, the most intense, the most enriching experience of life I've ever known.
When she dies.
So I am staying home, and I am listening to her snore and wheeze, and reveling in the swampiest, most awful breath that ever emanated from an angel.
And I am asking for your blessing." beautifully said Fiona her heart-tugging note.
Fiona is supposed to kick-start her South American tour on Nov. 27 in Porto Alegre, Brazil before moving on to Argentina and Mexico. Fans will have to wait a little longer and pray for this trying part of the singer's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Will Feature Nude Scene Confirmed—Report
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 'Terminator' 5 And 'Jurassic World' Trailers To Be Released Soon
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff