Fiona Apple Cancels South American Tour to be with Dying Dog
By camille banzon | November 21, 2012 5:15 PM EST
Singer, Fiona Apple, wrote a letter for her fans in South America, revealing a very personal reason why she won't be able to push through with an upcoming tour.
The alternative singer, who maintains a solid fan base all over the world since her break-out in the 90's, posted scanned photos of a letter she has handwritten for fans in South America in her Facebook page. She stated that her pitbull, Janet, is suffering from a worsening condition and that she felt it wouldn't be right to be away from her dog at the moment.
In the heart-wrenching letter, the singer tells how close she has become to this dog, and since Janet was diagnosed with Addison's disease, she has been showing signs of weakness.
"Janet has been the most consistent relationship of my adult life, and that is just a fact. We've lived in numerous houses, and jumped a few make shift families, but it's always really been the two of us." writes the singer.
"She slept in bed with me, her head on the pillow, and she accepted my hysterical, tearful face into her chest, with her paws around me, every time I was heartbroken, or spirit-broken, or just lost, and as years went by, she let me take the role of her child, as I fell asleep, with her chin resting above my head." she continues.
Fiona, who has a special relationship with her fans because of her intensely painful and relatable songwriting, first became a hit after the release of her 1996 record, 'Tidal.' Her deep voice, skillful playing of the piano, and songs that appeal to "outsiders" made her an instant icon. Her latest record, 'The Idler Wheel...' is raved by top critics and declared as a powerful comeback album.
"I just can't leave her now, please understand. If I go away again, I'm afraid she'll die and I won't have the honor of singing her to sleep, of escorting her out."
"Because it will be the most beautiful, the most intense, the most enriching experience of life I've ever known.
When she dies.
So I am staying home, and I am listening to her snore and wheeze, and reveling in the swampiest, most awful breath that ever emanated from an angel.
And I am asking for your blessing." beautifully said Fiona her heart-tugging note.
Fiona is supposed to kick-start her South American tour on Nov. 27 in Porto Alegre, Brazil before moving on to Argentina and Mexico. Fans will have to wait a little longer and pray for this trying part of the singer's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones