Fiona Apple Cancels South American Tour to be with Dying Dog
By camille banzon | November 21, 2012 5:15 PM EST
Singer, Fiona Apple, wrote a letter for her fans in South America, revealing a very personal reason why she won't be able to push through with an upcoming tour.
The alternative singer, who maintains a solid fan base all over the world since her break-out in the 90's, posted scanned photos of a letter she has handwritten for fans in South America in her Facebook page. She stated that her pitbull, Janet, is suffering from a worsening condition and that she felt it wouldn't be right to be away from her dog at the moment.
In the heart-wrenching letter, the singer tells how close she has become to this dog, and since Janet was diagnosed with Addison's disease, she has been showing signs of weakness.
"Janet has been the most consistent relationship of my adult life, and that is just a fact. We've lived in numerous houses, and jumped a few make shift families, but it's always really been the two of us." writes the singer.
"She slept in bed with me, her head on the pillow, and she accepted my hysterical, tearful face into her chest, with her paws around me, every time I was heartbroken, or spirit-broken, or just lost, and as years went by, she let me take the role of her child, as I fell asleep, with her chin resting above my head." she continues.
Fiona, who has a special relationship with her fans because of her intensely painful and relatable songwriting, first became a hit after the release of her 1996 record, 'Tidal.' Her deep voice, skillful playing of the piano, and songs that appeal to "outsiders" made her an instant icon. Her latest record, 'The Idler Wheel...' is raved by top critics and declared as a powerful comeback album.
"I just can't leave her now, please understand. If I go away again, I'm afraid she'll die and I won't have the honor of singing her to sleep, of escorting her out."
"Because it will be the most beautiful, the most intense, the most enriching experience of life I've ever known.
When she dies.
So I am staying home, and I am listening to her snore and wheeze, and reveling in the swampiest, most awful breath that ever emanated from an angel.
And I am asking for your blessing." beautifully said Fiona her heart-tugging note.
Fiona is supposed to kick-start her South American tour on Nov. 27 in Porto Alegre, Brazil before moving on to Argentina and Mexico. Fans will have to wait a little longer and pray for this trying part of the singer's life.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS