Rupee Falls on Greece Worries
November 21, 2012 4:32 PM EST
The rupee fell to 55.29/31 versus its previous close of 55.0950/1050 after touching a session low at 55.35, its weakest since September 13.
Euro extends falls after no agreement is reached yet among the euro zone finance ministers on Greece.
Traders say the absence of any flows in the market, buying by oil firms and a falling euro are all positives for the dollar but exporters could step in to sell their holdings around 55.40 levels, limiting a bigger rise.
Domestic share movements to be watched for cues on foreign fund flows.
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments