Click Frenzy’s Meltdown, a Win for Most Retailers
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | November 21, 2012 3:45 PM EST
Click Frenzy's website may have crashed due to the surge of consumers wanting to get first dibs on discounted products, and may have lost patrons along the way, but the real winners here were the retailers themselves prepared to serve online consumers .
When the website of "Australia's first landmark online sales event" bonked down a minute after it opened shop Tuesday night, consumers took no time to idle and instead went directly to the website of the online retailers and those establishments with online sales.
''We did phenomenal figures and we were very happy with it,'' Jane Mance of Windsor Smith, a wholesale footwear retailer, was quoted by The Sydney Morning Herald. ''We got what we would normally get in a month in one night as far as unique visitors to our website, and I have to contribute that to Click Frenzy.''
According to Ms Mance, unique visitors that went to Windsor's site on Click Frenzy Tuesday night alone reached six-digit figures.
''We had around 200 per cent more customers than usual,'' Benedict Brook, Woolworths spokesman, said. Woolworths participated in the event with two of its brands, Dan Murphy's and Masters Home Improvements. When the Click Frenzy website became unavailable, Woolworths saw costumers eventually taking interest in its other brands as well.
Even Myers reported getting ironically pleased with the failure of the "online event of the year."
"We transacted significantly higher than usual online sales with our biggest online day ever,'' a spokesman told AAP.
"We were very pleased with the customer traffic through to our online site during the Click Frenzy event."
Even regular priced items were snapped off the racks of these retailers during the Click Frenzy website meltdown.
''Even the day before, we were getting incredible sales on our full-price items. Last night, our full-price items sold neck-to-neck with our sale items," Ms Mance said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date