India Hangs Kasab, Only Surviving Militant in 2008 Mumbai Attacks
November 21, 2012 2:58 PM EST
India has hanged Mohammad Ajmal Kasab, the only militant to have survived the 2008 attacks on the financial capital Mumbai, the home ministry said on Wednesday.
In August, India's Supreme Court upheld Kasab's death sentence over the attack on a string of targets in Mumbai that killed 166 people. Kasab was a Pakistani national who said he belonged to the militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba.
Join the Conversation
- Russia Boasts Nuclear Missile Trains; 400 Strategic Warheads In Place
- Russia-NATO Tactical Warplanes In Rapid Stand-off; Putin Orders Snap Military Drills
- Russia Decides Not To Involve Ukraine's Facilties In Its Strategic Missile Production Plans
- Canada Updates Millionaire Visa Scheme, Needs 50 Wealthy Immigrants
- Sydney Siege Hoax Alert: Something Bad Will Happen On Christmas Or New Year’s Eve