Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to be Available via Telstra in 2013; Optus Ships Phablet this Week
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 21, 2012 2:00 PM EST
Telstra confirmed that it will be stocking the phablet and will sell the device in the first quarter of 2013. The price and plans through which the device will be available are being held until the release date. Nevertheless, the announcement is a major blow to Telstra customers who are highly anticipating to get their hands on the new device. The delay could be frustrating for some Telstra customers and they may resort into switching networks.
In a post on its Exchange blog, Telstra Web Producer Leigh Price stated, "Well, we can now confirm that Telstra are bringing the Samsung Galaxy Note II to Australia's largest 4G-enabled network early next year. This will bring the number of 4G devices available to Telstra customers to 20."
Meanwhile, Optus is shipping the device this week to those who pre-ordered the phablet last week. Pre-order is still ongoing for Optus. For AU$60 per month you will get calls up to the value of AU$650, along with 1.5GB of data and unlimited texts each month.
Vodafone, on the other hand, has kept quiet about its planned Note 2 release. This means that Optus could also benefit from Vodafone's minor problem with not keeping their customers informed.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 made its way to the Australian shores officially last week at a fancy launch event in Sydney. The device boasts its quad-core processor, Android Jelly Bean mobile operating system version 4.1, 2GB RAM, 8-megapixel camera, front-facing HD camera, a stylus pen called the "S Pen" and the large 5.5-inch Super AMOLED screen display.
According to reports, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will have Ruby Wine, Topaz Blue, and Amber Brown jacket options, with the Korean manufacturer shipping the new colors sometime next year. For now, the device is available in Marble White and Pebble Blue variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health