Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to be Available via Telstra in 2013; Optus Ships Phablet this Week
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 21, 2012 2:00 PM EST
Telstra confirmed that it will be stocking the phablet and will sell the device in the first quarter of 2013. The price and plans through which the device will be available are being held until the release date. Nevertheless, the announcement is a major blow to Telstra customers who are highly anticipating to get their hands on the new device. The delay could be frustrating for some Telstra customers and they may resort into switching networks.
In a post on its Exchange blog, Telstra Web Producer Leigh Price stated, "Well, we can now confirm that Telstra are bringing the Samsung Galaxy Note II to Australia's largest 4G-enabled network early next year. This will bring the number of 4G devices available to Telstra customers to 20."
Meanwhile, Optus is shipping the device this week to those who pre-ordered the phablet last week. Pre-order is still ongoing for Optus. For AU$60 per month you will get calls up to the value of AU$650, along with 1.5GB of data and unlimited texts each month.
Vodafone, on the other hand, has kept quiet about its planned Note 2 release. This means that Optus could also benefit from Vodafone's minor problem with not keeping their customers informed.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 made its way to the Australian shores officially last week at a fancy launch event in Sydney. The device boasts its quad-core processor, Android Jelly Bean mobile operating system version 4.1, 2GB RAM, 8-megapixel camera, front-facing HD camera, a stylus pen called the "S Pen" and the large 5.5-inch Super AMOLED screen display.
According to reports, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will have Ruby Wine, Topaz Blue, and Amber Brown jacket options, with the Korean manufacturer shipping the new colors sometime next year. For now, the device is available in Marble White and Pebble Blue variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family