Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to be Available via Telstra in 2013; Optus Ships Phablet this Week
By Kristin Dian Mariano | November 21, 2012 2:00 PM EST
Telstra confirmed that it will be stocking the phablet and will sell the device in the first quarter of 2013. The price and plans through which the device will be available are being held until the release date. Nevertheless, the announcement is a major blow to Telstra customers who are highly anticipating to get their hands on the new device. The delay could be frustrating for some Telstra customers and they may resort into switching networks.
In a post on its Exchange blog, Telstra Web Producer Leigh Price stated, "Well, we can now confirm that Telstra are bringing the Samsung Galaxy Note II to Australia's largest 4G-enabled network early next year. This will bring the number of 4G devices available to Telstra customers to 20."
Meanwhile, Optus is shipping the device this week to those who pre-ordered the phablet last week. Pre-order is still ongoing for Optus. For AU$60 per month you will get calls up to the value of AU$650, along with 1.5GB of data and unlimited texts each month.
Vodafone, on the other hand, has kept quiet about its planned Note 2 release. This means that Optus could also benefit from Vodafone's minor problem with not keeping their customers informed.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 made its way to the Australian shores officially last week at a fancy launch event in Sydney. The device boasts its quad-core processor, Android Jelly Bean mobile operating system version 4.1, 2GB RAM, 8-megapixel camera, front-facing HD camera, a stylus pen called the "S Pen" and the large 5.5-inch Super AMOLED screen display.
According to reports, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will have Ruby Wine, Topaz Blue, and Amber Brown jacket options, with the Korean manufacturer shipping the new colors sometime next year. For now, the device is available in Marble White and Pebble Blue variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast