Danica Patrick Announces Divorce From Paul Hospenthal
By Charles Poladian | November 21, 2012 11:47 AM EST
Auto racer Danica Patrick announced Tuesday her divorce from her husband of seven years, Paul Hospenthal. Patrick made the announcement on Facebook.
Danica Patrick announced to the world that she and her husband have agreed to a divorce. According to Patrick, her split with Hospenthal was mutual. Patrick is a celebrity among NASCAR drivers while Hospenthal is a physical therapist.
Patrick told her 266,000 fans on Facebook, “I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
Patrick and Hospenthal met in 2005 when Hospenthal was treating an injury unrelated to racing, reports The Washington Post. Hospenthal is 17 years older than Patrick.
Patrick has successfully transitioned from an IndyCar driver to a NASCAR driver, competing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series as well as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Patrick will compete in the Sprint Cup Series for the 2013 season. Patrick in 10th place in the Nascar Nationwide Series and was named the most popular driver in the Nascar Nationwide Series.
Patrick has had plenty of success away from the racetrack as well, most notably as the face of GoDaddy.com. Patrick has appeared in Super Bowl commercials and has been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine.
Patrick will compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series next year as a member of Stewart-Haas Racing. Her teammates include Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman. Patrick will be driving the No. 10 car and it will again be sponsored by GoDaddy.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Minnesota Timberwolves 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Wiggins-Rubio Era In Minneapolis Begins
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Dallas Mavericks 2015-2015 NBA Preview: Nowitzki, Ellis Has New Shooting Partner In Parsons
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks