Danica Patrick Announces Divorce From Paul Hospenthal
By Charles Poladian | November 21, 2012 11:47 AM EST
Auto racer Danica Patrick announced Tuesday her divorce from her husband of seven years, Paul Hospenthal. Patrick made the announcement on Facebook.
Danica Patrick announced to the world that she and her husband have agreed to a divorce. According to Patrick, her split with Hospenthal was mutual. Patrick is a celebrity among NASCAR drivers while Hospenthal is a physical therapist.
Patrick told her 266,000 fans on Facebook, “I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
Patrick and Hospenthal met in 2005 when Hospenthal was treating an injury unrelated to racing, reports The Washington Post. Hospenthal is 17 years older than Patrick.
Patrick has successfully transitioned from an IndyCar driver to a NASCAR driver, competing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series as well as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Patrick will compete in the Sprint Cup Series for the 2013 season. Patrick in 10th place in the Nascar Nationwide Series and was named the most popular driver in the Nascar Nationwide Series.
Patrick has had plenty of success away from the racetrack as well, most notably as the face of GoDaddy.com. Patrick has appeared in Super Bowl commercials and has been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine.
Patrick will compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series next year as a member of Stewart-Haas Racing. Her teammates include Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman. Patrick will be driving the No. 10 car and it will again be sponsored by GoDaddy.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Manny Pacquiao Is The Greatest Fighter That Ever Lived Declares Magician David Blaine
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Superfight Won’t Happen Because Floyd Is Scared Of Left-Handed Boxers, Pacman - Bob Arum
- Serena Williams Shows Off Her Bikini Body With Eva Longoria At The Miami Beach After US Open Victory
- Marin Cilic Is The Third-Highest Earner On ATP Tour With His $3M US Open Prize Money
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone