Danica Patrick Announces Divorce From Paul Hospenthal
By Charles Poladian | November 21, 2012 11:47 AM EST
Auto racer Danica Patrick announced Tuesday her divorce from her husband of seven years, Paul Hospenthal. Patrick made the announcement on Facebook.
Danica Patrick announced to the world that she and her husband have agreed to a divorce. According to Patrick, her split with Hospenthal was mutual. Patrick is a celebrity among NASCAR drivers while Hospenthal is a physical therapist.
Patrick told her 266,000 fans on Facebook, “I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
Patrick and Hospenthal met in 2005 when Hospenthal was treating an injury unrelated to racing, reports The Washington Post. Hospenthal is 17 years older than Patrick.
Patrick has successfully transitioned from an IndyCar driver to a NASCAR driver, competing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series as well as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Patrick will compete in the Sprint Cup Series for the 2013 season. Patrick in 10th place in the Nascar Nationwide Series and was named the most popular driver in the Nascar Nationwide Series.
Patrick has had plenty of success away from the racetrack as well, most notably as the face of GoDaddy.com. Patrick has appeared in Super Bowl commercials and has been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine.
Patrick will compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series next year as a member of Stewart-Haas Racing. Her teammates include Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman. Patrick will be driving the No. 10 car and it will again be sponsored by GoDaddy.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports