Danica Patrick Announces Divorce From Paul Hospenthal
By Charles Poladian | November 21, 2012 11:47 AM EST
Auto racer Danica Patrick announced Tuesday her divorce from her husband of seven years, Paul Hospenthal. Patrick made the announcement on Facebook.
Danica Patrick announced to the world that she and her husband have agreed to a divorce. According to Patrick, her split with Hospenthal was mutual. Patrick is a celebrity among NASCAR drivers while Hospenthal is a physical therapist.
Patrick told her 266,000 fans on Facebook, “I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
Patrick and Hospenthal met in 2005 when Hospenthal was treating an injury unrelated to racing, reports The Washington Post. Hospenthal is 17 years older than Patrick.
Patrick has successfully transitioned from an IndyCar driver to a NASCAR driver, competing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series as well as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Patrick will compete in the Sprint Cup Series for the 2013 season. Patrick in 10th place in the Nascar Nationwide Series and was named the most popular driver in the Nascar Nationwide Series.
Patrick has had plenty of success away from the racetrack as well, most notably as the face of GoDaddy.com. Patrick has appeared in Super Bowl commercials and has been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine.
Patrick will compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series next year as a member of Stewart-Haas Racing. Her teammates include Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman. Patrick will be driving the No. 10 car and it will again be sponsored by GoDaddy.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales