Danica Patrick Announces Divorce From Paul Hospenthal
By Charles Poladian | November 21, 2012 11:47 AM EST
Auto racer Danica Patrick announced Tuesday her divorce from her husband of seven years, Paul Hospenthal. Patrick made the announcement on Facebook.
Danica Patrick announced to the world that she and her husband have agreed to a divorce. According to Patrick, her split with Hospenthal was mutual. Patrick is a celebrity among NASCAR drivers while Hospenthal is a physical therapist.
Patrick told her 266,000 fans on Facebook, “I am sad to inform my fans that after 7 years, Paul and I have decided to amicably end our marriage. This isn't easy for either of us, but mutually it has come to this. He has been an important person and friend in my life and that's how we will remain moving forward."
Patrick and Hospenthal met in 2005 when Hospenthal was treating an injury unrelated to racing, reports The Washington Post. Hospenthal is 17 years older than Patrick.
Patrick has successfully transitioned from an IndyCar driver to a NASCAR driver, competing in the NASCAR Nationwide Series as well as the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Patrick will compete in the Sprint Cup Series for the 2013 season. Patrick in 10th place in the Nascar Nationwide Series and was named the most popular driver in the Nascar Nationwide Series.
Patrick has had plenty of success away from the racetrack as well, most notably as the face of GoDaddy.com. Patrick has appeared in Super Bowl commercials and has been featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated and ESPN The Magazine.
Patrick will compete in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series next year as a member of Stewart-Haas Racing. Her teammates include Tony Stewart and Ryan Newman. Patrick will be driving the No. 10 car and it will again be sponsored by GoDaddy.com.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- Nuclear War: Putin Certain To Launch Battle To Avoid Corruption Charges, Whistleblower Claims