Salesforce.com 3Q Earnings, Revenue Beat Estimates
By David Zielenziger | November 21, 2012 8:44 AM EST
Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the customer-relationship management software developer, reported stronger than expected third-quarter results and made bullish predictions for the current quarter.
The San Francisco-based company reported operating earnings of 33 cents a share, a penny ahead of estimates, as revenue rose 35 percent to $788 million, about $12 million above analyst predictions.
CEO Marc Benioff cited “strong customer response to our next-generation social and mobile cloud technologies. Going forward, fourth-quarter operating earnings are expected to rise to 38 cents to 40 cents a share on revenue of $825 million to $830 million, 31 percent above prior-year results.
Salesforce.com competes against larger vendors including Oracle Corp. (Nasdaq: ORCL) and SAP (NYSE: SAP).
Salesforce.com took various charges, including a one-time $149 million charge for a tax valuation allowance. On a net basis, the company reported its loss widened to $220.3 million, or $1.55 a share, from $3.8 million, or 3 cents, a year earlier.
Shares of Salesforce.com were flat in after-hours Tuesday trading. They closed at $145.90, down $1.42 in regular trading. They've gained 44 percent in 2012.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2