‘Wayne’s World 3’ In The Works With Complete Script [VIDEO]
By Tom Herrmann | November 21, 2012 3:12 AM EST
Long-term sequel rumors aren’t too rare these days. How many times will there be a new development on “Ghostbusters 3” before people realize it’s not happening?
“Wayne’s World” joins the likes of “Bill and Ted,” “Top Gun” and “Dumb and Dumber” according to Joblo, with “Wayne’s World 3” allegedly in the development stages. Joblo claims that Entertainment Weekly has reported that Mike Myers has been working on both “Austin Powers 4” and “Wayne’s World 3,” and he is finished with the latter.
The plot synopsis for the film is “Wayne and Garth coping with the new era of music, transitioning from access cable to streaming Internet (ala Youtube) and Wayne balancing his marriage to Cassandra," according to Joblo citing EW. Audiences have already seen the awkward duo rise to fame with their TV and throw a music festival because of a naked Indian, but now the two will tackle the Internet.
This won’t be the first reunion for the “Saturday Night Live”-spinoff twosome. Myers and Dana Carvey reprised their roles as Wayne and Garth during the 2008 MTV Movie Awards, as well as a full-fledged “Wayne’s World” skit when Carvey hosted “SNL” last year.
The February 2011 skit is embedded below.
After Carvey and Myers joined forces in 2008, rumors began to circulate about a third film being made, but Myers denied the claims. "It's a wonderful idea and I loved doing these characters, but no,” Myers said about the possible threequel, according to IMDB.
The early 90’s classic comedy has maintained popularity over the past two decades, holding a strong 85 percent freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The film was also a commercial success, grossing $121, as reported by Box Office Mojo.
The first sequel wasn’t as beloved as the original, but still earned itself a 60 percent freshness rating and $48 at the box office.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports