‘Wayne’s World 3’ In The Works With Complete Script [VIDEO]
By Tom Herrmann | November 21, 2012 3:12 AM EST
Long-term sequel rumors aren’t too rare these days. How many times will there be a new development on “Ghostbusters 3” before people realize it’s not happening?
“Wayne’s World” joins the likes of “Bill and Ted,” “Top Gun” and “Dumb and Dumber” according to Joblo, with “Wayne’s World 3” allegedly in the development stages. Joblo claims that Entertainment Weekly has reported that Mike Myers has been working on both “Austin Powers 4” and “Wayne’s World 3,” and he is finished with the latter.
The plot synopsis for the film is “Wayne and Garth coping with the new era of music, transitioning from access cable to streaming Internet (ala Youtube) and Wayne balancing his marriage to Cassandra," according to Joblo citing EW. Audiences have already seen the awkward duo rise to fame with their TV and throw a music festival because of a naked Indian, but now the two will tackle the Internet.
This won’t be the first reunion for the “Saturday Night Live”-spinoff twosome. Myers and Dana Carvey reprised their roles as Wayne and Garth during the 2008 MTV Movie Awards, as well as a full-fledged “Wayne’s World” skit when Carvey hosted “SNL” last year.
The February 2011 skit is embedded below.
After Carvey and Myers joined forces in 2008, rumors began to circulate about a third film being made, but Myers denied the claims. "It's a wonderful idea and I loved doing these characters, but no,” Myers said about the possible threequel, according to IMDB.
The early 90’s classic comedy has maintained popularity over the past two decades, holding a strong 85 percent freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes. The film was also a commercial success, grossing $121, as reported by Box Office Mojo.
The first sequel wasn’t as beloved as the original, but still earned itself a 60 percent freshness rating and $48 at the box office.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Pregnant Kourtney Kardashian Talks About Marrying Scott Disick, Her Pregnancy Cravings and Picking Out Baby Names
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies’ Premiere Announcement Plus Spoilers [Watch Video]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists