S&P 500, Nasdaq turn up; Dow trims loss
November 21, 2012 3:00 AM EST
The S&P 500 and Nasdaq turned slightly higher while the Dow trimmed losses in late morning trading on Tuesday, helped by gains in financial and consumer discretionary shares.
The Dow Jones industrial average <.DJI> was down 11.56 points, or 0.09 percent, at 12,784.40. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index <.SPX> was up 0.89 point, or 0.06 percent, at 1,387.78. The Nasdaq Composite Index <.IXIC> was up 1.27 points, or 0.04 percent, at 2,917.34.
(Reporting By Caroline Valetkevitch; Editing by Kenneth Barry)
Join the Conversation
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Bendable Galaxy S6 Release in 2015 Possible as Samsung Reveals Plans
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports