Barbara Walters' 10 Most Fascinating People Of 2012 List: One Direction, E.L. James, Chris Christie And More
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 21, 2012 2:43 AM EST
Barbara Walters gave a preview into her "10 Most Fascinating People" list on Monday which includes the likes of One Direction, E.L. James and Chris Christie.
Walters announced some of the inductees of her list out of order Monday on "The View" for which she is a co-host with Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd.
The list included British boy band sensation One Direction, “Fifty Shades of Grey” writer E.L. James, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, actor-director-writer Ben Affleck, Olympic Gold medalist Gabby Douglas, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane.
Walters said her choices were people who were "very much in the news" including "no criminals."
"Barbara Walters Presents: The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2012" airs Dec. 12 on ABC at 9:30 p.m. EST, where the veteran journalist will announce her number one most fascinating person or persons in the 90-minute special.
Last year, Walters was under fire for including The Kardashians on her list, along with less controversial choices Pippa Middleton, Katy Perry and Simon Cowell.
Walters has issued specials for her "10 most interesting people" since 1993, excluding the years 2000 and 2001.
Hillary Clinton was one of the original people on the list in 1993 when she was First Lady. She will also be a part of the list again in 2012.
Last year, the late Apple co-founder Steve Jobs topped the list. The year before saw David Petraeus as number one, two years before scandal erupted for the former U.S. Army General and Central Intelligence Agency director.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery