Dark Knight Rises Star Anne Hathaway Plans to Start Family Soon:‘I Really Want to have a Baby'
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | November 21, 2012 1:24 AM EST
It's just been two months since Anne Hathaway walked down the aisle with her long-time boyfriend, actor and jewellery designer Adam Shulman, and the Dark Knight Rises Star is already planning on starting a family.
Hathaway, who has also starred in The Devil Wears Prada and Brokeback Mountain, talked about her plans for the future during a roundtable photoshoot alongside Naomi Watts, Helen Hunt, Amy Adams, Rachel Weisz, Marion Cotillard and Sally Field for The Hollywood Reporter's 30 November issue.
"I really want to have a baby, and my husband and I are like, 'Where are we gonna live?'" she said.
The couple, who tied the knot at a private estate in Big Sur, California in September, began dating in 2008, shortly after Hathaway ended a relationship with Italian real estate developer Raffaello Follieri, who was found guilty of fraud. They were engaged in November 2011, when Shulman offered her a six-carat diamond ring.
"I am very much in love with him [only], Adam totally ruined my plan," Hathaway said last year, when asked about their relationship. "I was really actually looking forward to a little alone time, and then I fell in love like a fool!"
Meanwhile, Hathaway's close friend revealed she always loved motherhood and wanted to settle down.
"Annie wants to get everything done so they can get married and have babies," a friend told Us Weekly shortly before their nuptials.
Apart from revealing her plans to have children in the future, Hathaway also confessed the nervousness she felt in playing the role of Fantine in the critically acclaimed play, Les Miserables. Adding to that, she felt a certain kind of pressure since her mother actually toured around the country with the same show, and played the same part.
"Yeah. My mom was in the first national tour, and she understudied the character [Fantine] whom I wound up playing," she added, "It made me nervous to tell her that I was auditioning for it, just because I knew how much it would mean to her, and I was worried that if I didn't get it, she would be disappointed, and if I did get it, it would be weird. And she was so cool about it. We talked about the character. And when I got the part, no one was happier for me."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports