Black Friday 2012: What Not To Buy
By VALLI MEENAKSHI RAMANATHAN | November 20, 2012 9:58 PM EST
Every year Black Friday heralds the beginning of mega shopping deals that sees consumers waiting in long queues to win the best bargains. But not all offers come with the best deals, some offer propositions that are best saved for spring.
Here's a list of a few items that are best considered for spring:
Toys: If you are planning to splurge on toys this Black Friday, think twice as deep discounts within two weeks of Christmas will make the current deals look a lot more expensive.
Jewelry and Watches: Another consumer item that needs to be ignored is the jewelry and watches when the best deals can occur during spring and summer, as peak demand during holiday season and Valentine's Day is likely to render them less alluring.
Game Consoles Without Bundled Item: Video game consoles this holiday make a better proposition if it comes with bundled products. Consoles including premium accessories and selective game titles were discounted to 40 percent off retail prices, CBS MoneyWatch has reported.
Digital Cameras: Look for older models of digital cameras or hold off your purchase till February next year, when more enticing offers may come in.
Holiday Decorations: These items are best purchased during Christmas as they get better during that period.
Winter Apparel: Winter apparels including coat and scarf turn more affordable by January when retail stores shove them into the clearance bins.
Never give in to emotional purchases this holiday season as they end up burning a hole in your wallet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown