CyanogenMod 10 (CM10) is made available for Motorola Xoom (Wi-Fi model). This final version that has been recently released brings Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) experience for Xoom. CM10 brings several features along with the AOSP Jelly Bean. Interested users who are looking to update their device with the new version of Jelly Bean may follow this tutorial.
However, IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during installation. Remember this ROM and procedure is compatible only with the Motorola Xoom Wi-Fi model.
Requirements: Ensure you have installed appropriate USB drivers for the Xoom and that USB debugging mode is enabled. Also ensure the device's battery has a charge of at least 80 percent and all important data is backed-up. Finally, ensure the Xoom is factory unlocked and has ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery installed.
To install CM10 Android 4.1.2 ROM on Motorola Xoom:
- Download CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean ROM and Google Apps package to computer
- Connect the tablet to computer using USB cable and copy Android 4.1.2 ROM and Google Apps zip files to device's SD card
- Switch device off and enter Bootloader mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Up, Volume Down and Power buttons
- Choose Bootloader and head over to Recovery
- Follow onscreen instructions and choose Bootloader and then go to Recovery
- In CWM recovery, wipe data first and scroll to Flash Zip from SD Card and then select it by pressing Power button
- Now, select Choose Zip from SD card
- Navigate to and choose Android 4.1.2 ROM file. Tap Yes to confirm installation
- Perform the above step to install Google Apps
- After installation, go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now from recovery menu
CM10 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has now been installed on the Motorola Xoom. This may be verified by browsing to Settings > About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]
To contact the editor, e-mail: