Galatasaray v Manchester United: Champions League, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 20, 2012 9:03 PM EST
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7:45 pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on Sky Sports 4 and Sky Sports 4 HD.
Sir Alex Ferguson's side are currently enjoying top spot in Group H, having qualified for the knockout stages of the competition as group toppers, with four wins out of four. Hence the Scot would be looking at the remaining two fixtures as an opportunity to provide playing time to some of his fringe players and youngsters. However, after losing their Premier League fixture against Norwich City last week, United would be keen on a victory in this tie to help them to gain some momentum when they return to the domestic campaign at the weekend and also maintain their 100 percent record in Europe this season.
Galatasaray, on the other hand, have also lost their domestic clash at the weekend against mid-table outfit Karabukspor. The Turks, who are currently second in the group tied on points with CFR Cluj, would be looking for nothing less than a win as they look to progress to the next stage of the tournament. Fatih Terim's men have not won any of their last five home matches in Europe but the manager is aware of the fact that United will rest most of their big players for this fixture, which could be an advantage for the hosts. With Braga just a point behind Galatasaray and Cluj, the second qualifying spot from the group is up for grabs at this stage.
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): L D W W W
- Last result: Galatasaray 1 - 3 Karabukspor
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): L W W W L
- Last result: Norwich City 1 - 0 Manchester United
Galatasaray: The Turks do not have any new injury or suspension worries as they go into this tie, with centre defender Tomas Ujfalusi being the only absentee. The Czech Republic international remain sidelined with a knee injury and is yet to feature this season. Striker Johan Elmander returned to action at the weekend and could possibly start up front for the Terim's side, while wing-back Sabri Sarioglu is a doubt after picked up a knock.
Probable Line-up (4-4-2): Muslera; Eboue, Cris, Nounkeu, Balta; Altintop, Inan, Melo, Amrabat; Yilmaz, Elmander
Manchester United: Captain Nemanja Vidic and playmaker Shinji Kagawa remain sidelined for the Red Devils. With United set to host London outfits QPR and West Ham United in a week's time, Ferguson has decided to rest most of his regular starters. Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, David De Gea, Antonio Valencia and Paul Scholes have not travelled to Turkey, while Nani, who has a hamstring strain, will also not be involved.
Phil Jones is set to for his first appearance of the season, while young midfielder Nick Powell could make his Champions League debut. The possibility of Ferguson opting for a diamond shape increases, when considering the plethora of central midfielders in that travelling squad.
Probable Line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Lindegaard; Vermijil, Jones, Wootton, Buttner; Fletcher; Anderson, Cleverley; Powell; Welbeck, Chicharito
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date