Galatasaray v Manchester United: Champions League, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 20, 2012 9:03 PM EST
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7:45 pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on Sky Sports 4 and Sky Sports 4 HD.
Sir Alex Ferguson's side are currently enjoying top spot in Group H, having qualified for the knockout stages of the competition as group toppers, with four wins out of four. Hence the Scot would be looking at the remaining two fixtures as an opportunity to provide playing time to some of his fringe players and youngsters. However, after losing their Premier League fixture against Norwich City last week, United would be keen on a victory in this tie to help them to gain some momentum when they return to the domestic campaign at the weekend and also maintain their 100 percent record in Europe this season.
Galatasaray, on the other hand, have also lost their domestic clash at the weekend against mid-table outfit Karabukspor. The Turks, who are currently second in the group tied on points with CFR Cluj, would be looking for nothing less than a win as they look to progress to the next stage of the tournament. Fatih Terim's men have not won any of their last five home matches in Europe but the manager is aware of the fact that United will rest most of their big players for this fixture, which could be an advantage for the hosts. With Braga just a point behind Galatasaray and Cluj, the second qualifying spot from the group is up for grabs at this stage.
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): L D W W W
- Last result: Galatasaray 1 - 3 Karabukspor
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): L W W W L
- Last result: Norwich City 1 - 0 Manchester United
Galatasaray: The Turks do not have any new injury or suspension worries as they go into this tie, with centre defender Tomas Ujfalusi being the only absentee. The Czech Republic international remain sidelined with a knee injury and is yet to feature this season. Striker Johan Elmander returned to action at the weekend and could possibly start up front for the Terim's side, while wing-back Sabri Sarioglu is a doubt after picked up a knock.
Probable Line-up (4-4-2): Muslera; Eboue, Cris, Nounkeu, Balta; Altintop, Inan, Melo, Amrabat; Yilmaz, Elmander
Manchester United: Captain Nemanja Vidic and playmaker Shinji Kagawa remain sidelined for the Red Devils. With United set to host London outfits QPR and West Ham United in a week's time, Ferguson has decided to rest most of his regular starters. Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, David De Gea, Antonio Valencia and Paul Scholes have not travelled to Turkey, while Nani, who has a hamstring strain, will also not be involved.
Phil Jones is set to for his first appearance of the season, while young midfielder Nick Powell could make his Champions League debut. The possibility of Ferguson opting for a diamond shape increases, when considering the plethora of central midfielders in that travelling squad.
Probable Line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Lindegaard; Vermijil, Jones, Wootton, Buttner; Fletcher; Anderson, Cleverley; Powell; Welbeck, Chicharito
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Ana Ivanovic Posts a Hot Selfie on Instagram after her San Francisco Photo-Shoot
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar