Galatasaray v Manchester United: Champions League, Where to Watch Live, Preview and Teams
By Naveen Ullal | November 20, 2012 9:03 PM EST
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 7:45 pm GMT. Live coverage will be available on Sky Sports 4 and Sky Sports 4 HD.
Sir Alex Ferguson's side are currently enjoying top spot in Group H, having qualified for the knockout stages of the competition as group toppers, with four wins out of four. Hence the Scot would be looking at the remaining two fixtures as an opportunity to provide playing time to some of his fringe players and youngsters. However, after losing their Premier League fixture against Norwich City last week, United would be keen on a victory in this tie to help them to gain some momentum when they return to the domestic campaign at the weekend and also maintain their 100 percent record in Europe this season.
Galatasaray, on the other hand, have also lost their domestic clash at the weekend against mid-table outfit Karabukspor. The Turks, who are currently second in the group tied on points with CFR Cluj, would be looking for nothing less than a win as they look to progress to the next stage of the tournament. Fatih Terim's men have not won any of their last five home matches in Europe but the manager is aware of the fact that United will rest most of their big players for this fixture, which could be an advantage for the hosts. With Braga just a point behind Galatasaray and Cluj, the second qualifying spot from the group is up for grabs at this stage.
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): L D W W W
- Last result: Galatasaray 1 - 3 Karabukspor
- Last five (all competitions, most recent first): L W W W L
- Last result: Norwich City 1 - 0 Manchester United
Galatasaray: The Turks do not have any new injury or suspension worries as they go into this tie, with centre defender Tomas Ujfalusi being the only absentee. The Czech Republic international remain sidelined with a knee injury and is yet to feature this season. Striker Johan Elmander returned to action at the weekend and could possibly start up front for the Terim's side, while wing-back Sabri Sarioglu is a doubt after picked up a knock.
Probable Line-up (4-4-2): Muslera; Eboue, Cris, Nounkeu, Balta; Altintop, Inan, Melo, Amrabat; Yilmaz, Elmander
Manchester United: Captain Nemanja Vidic and playmaker Shinji Kagawa remain sidelined for the Red Devils. With United set to host London outfits QPR and West Ham United in a week's time, Ferguson has decided to rest most of his regular starters. Wayne Rooney, Robin van Persie, Rio Ferdinand, Ryan Giggs, David De Gea, Antonio Valencia and Paul Scholes have not travelled to Turkey, while Nani, who has a hamstring strain, will also not be involved.
Phil Jones is set to for his first appearance of the season, while young midfielder Nick Powell could make his Champions League debut. The possibility of Ferguson opting for a diamond shape increases, when considering the plethora of central midfielders in that travelling squad.
Probable Line-up (4-1-2-1-2): Lindegaard; Vermijil, Jones, Wootton, Buttner; Fletcher; Anderson, Cleverley; Powell; Welbeck, Chicharito
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage