Scared Girls Regret Comment on Facebook, Apologise for Their Action
By IB Times Staff Reporter | November 20, 2012 8:02 PM EST
Two girls from Mumbai, who were arrested following Facebook post about Shiv Sena Chief Bal Thackeray's death, have apologized for their actions and said they will think before posting anything on the social networking site.
Shaheen Dadha posted a status on her Facebook page that read "People like Thackeray are born and die daily and one should not observe a bandh for that" and her friend "liked" it, following which they were arrested.
On Tuesday, the girls told NDTV that they "will never post on Facebook again" and one of the girl said "I would like to apologise. He (Bal Thackeray) was a great man. The other girl who had clicked "like" on the comment too apologized and said that she regretted her action.
The girl who "liked" the post said that they apologised for their actions only because they feared for their family's safety and security, according to IBN Live.
Earlier, the Mumbai police arrested around nine people for vandalizing Shaheen's uncle Abdul Dhada's orthopaedic clinic.
"I apologize for the comment. We're scared with this incident. We won't write on Facebook again," Shaheen told reporters, according to Zee News. "Treatment we got was very unfair. I regret putting up the post," she added.
Both the girls were arrested after the Shiv Sena president for Palghar, Bhushan Sankhe, filed a complaint against the girls; however, hours later they were released on bail after paying bonds of Rs. 15,000 each.
The girls were charged under Section 295 (a) of the IPC (intended to outrage religious feelings) and Section 64 (a) of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Australia Asked National Media to Suppress Multi-National Corruption Case: WikiLeaks
- MH17: Separatist Soldier Holds Aussie Reporter at Gun Point
- U.S. ‘Defends’ Israel for ‘Disgraceful’ Attack on UN School in Gaza that Killed 15
- Gold in China: 127-Tonne Gold Reserves Tapped in Xinjiang
- MH17 Memorial: Australia Prepares for August 7 National Day of Mourning
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools